Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered here in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
At Chowbus, a Product Manager is effectively the CEO of their area, working with designers, developers and senior management to invent new features and experiences, delight our users and drive business growth. This role is both technical and business facing.
The successful candidate should be analytical, creative and comfortable driving vision and strategy, writing technical specifications and leading decision-making discussions. For this role specifically, you will help create a stellar consumer and merchant experience for our suite of products supporting Core Consumer, one of the fastest growing product areas of Chowbus.
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, operations, marketing, and sales. You'll drive product feature development from start to finish.
- Run user research, usability studies, data-driven experiments to inform product direction.
- Establish, monitor, and measure success metrics after launch. Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into key product decisions.
- With each launch, drive adoption, measure results, optimize product, present wins, celebrate team.
- Ensure clear communication and coordination across partners.
We are excited if you...
- Have a degree in Computer Science or Engineering / Math; an MBA or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Business related fields would be a plus.
- 2-4 years product management experience in a consumer (B2C) software company.
- Have a strong empathy and deep understanding in customers’ frame of mind.
- Experience analyzing and using data to inform decisions.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to influence other team members.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Curiosity and desire to learn.
- Experience building consumer facing product features.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and bias toward action. Experience starting/scaling a startup from ground up is a plus.
- Strong language skills in both English and Chinese preferred.