Product Manager - Credit Products at Morningstar
DBRS Morningstar is looking for a Product Manager in Credit Operations to manage capabilities that drive efficiency of analytical activities through automated data intake and integration tools and platforms.
• Own the product development roadmap, prioritization, and product development lifecycle for the capability being managed.
• Develop business requirements refined and validated with internal and external users, prioritize conflicting work, and work within an Agile software development framework.
• Act as both a subject matter expert within the team, to translate DBRS Morningstar intellectual property into innovative deliverables that solve users’ problems both internally as well as externally.
• Partner with Product Strategists, Product Owners, Architects, Technologists, Designers, Data SMEs, and other stakeholders across the organization to execute on the product vision that supports the organization’s goals.
• Collaborate as a unified cross-functional team inspired by a common vision for the platform and evangelize this vision across internal teams to create excitement about the shared success within the broader organization.
• Work with cross-functional leaders to determine technology, design, and project management resource requirements to execute product strategy and deliver on commitments.
• Use data for development and testing of hypotheses, managing using OKRs and measurements of product success (ex: uptime, usage and adoption, quality, time to market, etc.)
• Own your decisions and outcomes.
• A minimum of five years of relevant and progressive experience in any of the following disciplines: credit ratings, securities research, analytics, software product management, or Fintech.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Proven track record of creating, maintaining, and executing on a rolling four-quarter roadmap.
• Knowledge and experience with Agile software development. Good technical acumen.
• Awareness of credit rating workflows, credit information and credit risk management workflows is preferred.
• Ability to think strategically when it comes to understanding and synthesizing user problems and creating innovative solutions.
• Good problem solving, organization, influencing, and communication skills.
• Strong conceptual thinking, as well as a solid understanding of designing intuitive functionality, interactions, architectures, and usability principles.
• Experience performing user research, user mapping, and presenting results.
• Willingness to collaborate with global teams during off-hours.
• Working knowledge of Lean methods and tools is a plus.
DBRS Morningstar is a global credit ratings business, currently with 700 employees in eight offices globally. Formed through the July 2019 acquisition of DBRS by Morningstar, Inc., the ratings business is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world.
DBRS Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology and raising the bar for the industry. DBRS Morningstar is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes.