Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks. We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
The Technology Product Team at Home Chef is responsible for collaborating cross-functionally with stakeholders, engineering, and design to develop thoughtful technology solutions that provide a great user experience. We support products and technology that span the entire business - from our customer-facing website and mobile app, to internal tools that support our supply chain and operations teams. We pride ourselves on being great thought-partners and problem-solvers, and are always driving towards making an impact.
This Product Manager will be on our Digital Experience Team. The pandemic has fundamentally changed behaviors and pressed fast-forward on everything eCommerce. Yearly growth rates of food and grocery businesses have 10-x’d their priors. Home Chef is in the thick of this rapid shift providing a reliable service and approachable meals (with a twist) to our customers. Come join a team of smart product folks attacking the rapidly growing $11 billion-dollar home meal-kit space. If you’re crafty, curious, and have worked on great products come to talk to us!
Build and maintain near and long term technology roadmap:
- Understand company and stakeholder strategy to compile a near and long-term technology roadmap
- Continually refine and re-prioritize roadmap based on business needs, stakeholder feedback, and tech capacity
- Use data to estimate project impact with Tech Leads, return on energy and time invested, and effort required
- Ensure balance between near-term impact and quick wins with longer, more strategic initiatives
- Develop quarterly roadmap and present at Town Hall; reprioritize throughout the quarter as needed
Partner with stakeholders, engineers, and other PMs:
- Partner with Engineering, Design, and Data to build robust and sustainable solutions.
- Maintain a basic understanding of our Technology Stack and UX Principles
- Advocate for customer needs and voice in product design
- Deliver value quickly and incrementally while still pursuing a larger, more strategic vision
- Track quantitative & qualitative metrics to determine project success and impact
- Support stakeholders and colleagues as thought-partners; exploring solutions that may not be entirely within our technology platform
Lead team planning, prioritization, and execution:
- Lead a product pod consisting of 3-6 Engineers + 1 Tech Lead
- Hold Iteration Planning Meetings, Retros, Stand-Ups and ad-hoc problem-solving sessions
- For cross-functional initiatives, partner with other PMs to understand impact and effort of projects; coordinate cross-team timelines to enable timely rollout
- Communicate status updates and changes in project prioritization to appropriate stakeholders
- Motivate and encourage progress; eliminate roadblocks to enable quicker execution
- Continually gather feedback from stakeholders, engineers, and other colleagues to improve work planning & execution
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Completion of a four-year degree program in a related field
- At least six months of experience using project management tracking tools
- Exposure to programming
- In-depth understanding of systems design as well as project management techniques
- Flexibility to be on-call to help support developers with client requests
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here