Product Manager, Enterprise at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our product team and drive outcomes for the Upwork Enterprise product offering. Upwork’s Enterprise offering provides an on demand digital talent platform to large companies seeking to engage with skilled knowledge workers and agencies to get work done. Customers include companies like Airbnb, Pfizer, Dropbox and Juniper Networks. You will be part of a team that is aggressively growing our product suite to penetrate large businesses and Fortune 500 companies.
Upwork’s Enterprise Product team mission is to identify the barriers that impact account scale, and to partner with cross-functional teams to leverage technology and processes to enable growth. Specifically, this role will be responsible for developing a roadmap to improve our reporting/data capabilities for customers and the teams that support them. You will develop and build strong partnerships in an effort to effectively solve for client needs across various business segments. This effort involves building a ‘whole product’ solution that includes product working with sales, operations, engineering, marketing, etc.Your Responsibilities:
- Directly develop and execute the Enterprise reporting/data capabilities roadmap and work with the associated agile teams.
- Directly manage product strategy & execution for the defined portfolio by completing market analysis and business cases.
- Prepare and facilitate the implementation of go-to-market strategies, ensuring successful launch execution and adoption
- Partner with all internal departments to align, prioritize, and execute on the long-term and short-term roadmaps
- Ensure clear communication and coordination across business, design, and development teams. You raise and resolve risks or misalignment
- 3+ years working in product with previous experience with Agile development methodologies
- Have deep knowledge and understanding of B2B Enterprise systems/processes and how they’re built.
- Consistent track record in understanding customer needs, working across a variety of functional teams, developing solutions, and launching complex product
- You take ownership of the results - track critical metrics and use them to drive decision-making about what's next.
- Passion for Upwork and a deep appreciation of Upwork’s mission and impact.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively.
- Collaborative attitude with a track record of building strong relations at all levels.
- Able to understand enough of the complex technical architecture to be effective at understanding the implications of product/design decisions
- Able to juggle multiple responsibilities and competing priorities effectively.
- You have lead product design and development in consultation with key cross functional partners - Marketing, Customer Success, Sales, and Operations
- You have been involved in multiple cross-functional product initiatives that grow the product and also the culture of a company
- Ability to understand and breakdown complex problems and frame problems to create cross team alignment and effective solution ideation.
- Strategic and creative thinking that enables you to understand industry and customer trends and apply those insights to deliver business results.