The ESG Product Strategy team is charged with crafting the strategy for servicing the retail ecosystem, embedding ESG across Morningstar products. The team’s mandate is to leverage the expertise and strength of Morningstar’s core business units to grow ESG in the market, achieving leadership in this space. This group plays an important bi-directional role, facilitating the relationship between Sustainalytics product managers and Morningstar products
The ESG Strategy team seeks a product manager to help manage multiple sustainable investing projects focused on supporting ESG projects across MIM, DBRS and PitchBook. You will play an integral role in expanding Morningstar’s ESG ecosystem in products. This function is responsible for integrating data, defining requirements, including documentation, user research, and testing and collaborating with product teams to ensure successful execution of projects. The position is based in the Chicago or New York or European offices.
• Help to develop Morningstar’s ESG product strategy by effectively working with Morningstar’s business units to understand their key audience needs related to ESG
• Work closely with ESG Product Managers and Product Managers across Morningstar’s business units to coordinate on effective ESG solutions
• Represent key audience segments to the ESG product unit
• Work closely with numerous cross-functional units including product management, sales/service, marketing, data/ICT, legal and finance
• A bachelor’s degree is required
• At least five to seven years of relevant experience required with demonstrated experience in product or project management; experience within asset management or capital markets is a plus
• Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of sustainable investing
• Excellent communication, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities and deadlines
• Comfort in dealing with ambiguity and ability to maintain focus
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to work in fast paced environment
• Excellent relationship management skills with cross-functional units including senior leaders
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.