The Role: Morningstar is looking for a Product Manager to define and lead the delivery of Morningstar Direct's roadmap in the US market in close coordination with the global roadmap as well as product management team. You will act as both product expert and strategist to translate local market trends, customer needs, competitive intelligence, and Morningstar intellectual property into innovative deliverables that solve customer problems and evangelize those innovations both internally and externally. The Product Manager will partner with our clients & prospects to incorporate the voice of the user and will work closely with development, design, marketing, sales and support to decide and deliver on a global product roadmap creating a world-class experience for our users.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with various personas in asset and wealth managers and the tools they use to manage their workflows. Familiarity with performance reporting, data aggregation, portfolio analysis, and investment selection are critical. The candidate should also have a strong grasp of the current industry landscape, the ability to meaningfully contribute to go-to-market efforts and a desire to drive deliveries with strong partnerships and alignment with internal teams within the Direct family and across the organization.
This role reports to the Director, Global Product Management (Chicago).
- Become part of a real global team to develop and deliver meaningful software experiences to our customers.
- Own and drive key product capabilities while aligning with development, design and client-facing teams to tackle new opportunities.
- Lead the commercial activities including sales-enablement, go-to-market planning, and product prioritization for Direct in the US Market.
- Work directly with product marketing, sales and service to define and communicate our value proposition.
- Provide local market requirements regarding data, analytics, and workflow needs to our data and software development teams for inclusion in product development.
- Through close coordination with Technology, Design, Product, Client Service and Operations teams, help ensure product, operational and customer service excellence.
- Demonstrate product capabilities to prospective clients, including functionality and methodology - serving as an expert for our internal stakeholder.
- Track and deliver against key performance indicators (KPIs) and measurements of product success (product revenue, product profitability, customer satisfaction, quality, cost implications, forecasts, etc.).
- Drive adoption of our newest product enhancements within Morningstar Direct.
- A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, computer science or related field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant and progressive experience in software product management, portfolio management and financial technology.
- Knowledge of Morningstar products and the markets they serve is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication, planning, and analytical skills.
- Work in an ambitious team with tight deadlines across multiple teams and locations
- Bring yourself to work in a trusted environment with a lot of career opportunities and become part of a team that has fun at work
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity