Product Manager - Publishing
Sprout Social builds social media management software to help brands find, form and deepen real connections with people. Today, more than 20,000 customers use Sprout Social to connect with their audience. Our growth is built on a product that solves real, hard problems on our customers’ behalf.
We are looking for a Product Manager to lead one of our Publishing teams. Our customers use our product to publish content across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. You will help them achieve better results by publishing their content via Sprout Social, make workflows efficient resulting in more time for strategy, and build features to inspire their next great post.
In your role, you will be developing a deep understanding of Sprout’s product and domain through direct interaction with our customers and partners. You will cultivate a product roadmap for the Publishing team and find ways to validate priorities. You’ll be hands-on in leading engineers and designers to execute the product roadmap and own the ultimate success or failure of the team’s work. You’ll be thinking about how to measure the impact of your work and adjusting your plan based on what you’ve learned. You’ll be sharing your team’s plans, work-in-progress, and results with other product teams, marketing, sales, success, and any other partners vital to your team’s success.
We’re looking for Product Managers that have a great track record of:
- Shipping real work into the world
- Collaborating closely with designers (or previous experience as a designer)
- Creating timelines and sticking to them
- Reading and conceptualizing API documentation
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product and how our customers use it.
- Try using the Sprout product yourself—including for publishing and analyzing content—to see it the way a customer does.
- Partner with the Director of Product to set initial priorities and align on expectations for your role.
- Start building relationships with engineers and designers in your product team (we call them “squads”) as well as across the broader Product Management team.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Talk with customers about their current habits and challenges. Start forming hypotheses about how our product can better fit our customers’ lives.
- Lead day-to-day product execution for your team. You’ll identify project goals, write user stories, and organize releases.
- Understand the engineering behind the Sprout product well enough that you can predict some product trade-offs and ask your team productive questions.
- Facilitate quarterly roadmap planning for your team and represent the plan to the rest of Sprout’s product teams.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Build on your developing customer/industry expertise and take firm ownership of your team’s product strategy. You will likely start anticipating content marketing problems and opportunities that a product manager from another team would not.
- Collaborate with other product managers for cross-team problem solving and feature delivery.
- See a high impact project through from start-to-finish. You’ll assume ownership for results of your team’s product releases and how you learn from them.
- Be versed in the capabilities and constraints of the APIs of Sprout’s partners like Twitter and Instagram.
Within 12 months, you will...
- Push your team to do its best work yet. You’ll know the team well and understand how to encourage them to do work the whole team and company is incredibly proud of.
- Advance the craft of product management at Sprout. You’ll set a good example and share what you’ve learned.
- Be ready to take on new challenges to help your team and the broader product management organization—including things we likely haven’t anticipated yet!
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago and Seattle
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please
contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please
click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster and (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!