A unique opportunity to join one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups that is reshaping the logistics industry. We are looking for an experienced and driven product manager with previous experience in intermodal freight operations to expand FourKites’ product offering across multiple modes (ocean, air, rail) and geographic footprint. In this role, you will be responsible for developing the product strategy, driving the definition and the delivery of product releases, and managing the full life cycle of this high-demand SaaS product suite.
As a Product Manager, you will need to work closely with Sales and customers to understand market needs, define requirements, package the features into product releases and manage agile product backlogs. You will work closely with the go-to-market team to ensure the product roadmap can meet the requirements of the business plan and can be successfully rolled out. You will be expected to work in a highly collaborative manner with sales, marketing, engineering, customer support, and key customers. A strong technical background is required.
- You enjoy discovering and validating market problems by interacting closely with sales, customers, and prospects
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and are comfortable with ambiguity and lack of structure
- You are entrepreneurial - you make things happen and proactively step up when you recognize an opportunity
- You enjoy executing on both a strategic and tactical level, with the ability to develop well defined business and operational plans to achieve desired objectives
- Are an innovator at heart and will thrive in pushing the boundaries for how FourKites can leverage data insights for our products
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Stats or equivalent practical experience.
- MBA desirable, but not mandatory
- Analytical mind & strong problem-solving capabilities evidenced by a proven ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Demonstrated experience shipping products (concept to launch).
- Demonstrated ability working with technical teams in an Agile environment to rapidly produce iterations
- Experience with data analysis, experimentation and measurement tools like Optimizely, Google Analytics, or homebuilt systems
- Expertise in data visualization tools and design desirable but not required
FourKites, Inc. is a logistics technology startup providing next generation software platform for freight brokers and shippers to streamline their operations. Our connected devices platform is the most advanced in the industry and has been deployed by several freight brokerage houses in the country. We have Fortune 100 shippers and Transport Topics Top 25 Freight Brokers as our customers. We love what we do, and we love the impact we have already driven for the clients we work with. We believe in empowering our employees to be the absolute best they can be, and we aren’t afraid to have a little fun in the process. We’re funded by a great group of investors who care about our company and our team’s success.