Job Description for the Product Manager
SMS Assist is one of the fastest growing firms in Chicago. The SMS One software platform is a key enabler of that growth.
We are looking for a product manager who can drive exceptional value by finding ways to help our software improve the lives of customers, internal stakeholders and affiliates (service providers).
Specifically, you will makes hundreds of employees more effective at supporting thousands of service providers who, in turn, will make a portfolio of over 100,000 customer locations better than before.
Core Responsibilities of the Product Manager
- As a Product Manager you will be responsible for creating, driving, and managing high-impact product initiatives to maximize growth, profit margins and organizational efficiency.
- Our Product Managers collaborate with a high-energy team of engineers, operations experts, business analysts, marketers and training professionals on a digital product portfolio that gets important jobs done in the physical world.
- The Product Manager must be about to successfully manage bright, high-performers who know the products and trades inside and out. They will teach you the very complex SMS workflows and you will teach them how to transform good software into the world’s best.
- As a Product Manger you will help build an engaging, trust-based culture where we volunteer our best in all we do.
Key Competencies of the Product Manager
- Business is a complex set of interdependencies. Few good decisions get made in a vacuum. This leadership role requires the emotional intelligence to solicit input, sell the team’s ideas, negotiate resource/feature trade-offs and anticipate customer needs.
- Strong attention to detail accompanied by the ability to succinctly share the big picture with C-level leaders, board members, etc.
- Experience leading enterprise software products (B2B) and a track record of attaining remarkable results
- Willingness to work in downtown Chicago. (This role cannot be done remotely)
Qualifications of the Product Manager
- BS or BA degree
- 1-3 years of product management experience in consumer software, or other technology-related business
- 1-3 years of experience managing and leading individuals and/or small teams
- Understanding of the software development cycle and agile development methodology
- Strong command of the English language as well as bilingual in Mandarin and/or Spanish
- Logistics/supply chain expertise
- Knowledge of call center and dispatch processes
- Language skills in Mandarin and/or Spanish are a plus
- Travel Expected: up to 15% of the time
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
- This is a full time exempt position
- The schedule for this position is Monday- Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.