Product Manager at Otus
At Otus, a fast-growing EdTech company based at 1K Fulton in the West Loop of Chicago, you will work with people passionate about improving the lives of teachers and students. We are a group of talented designers, developers, coaches, and leaders. We love what we do and strive to the best work we can each day.
On our team, you will find musicians, beer enthusiasts, designer toy collectors, table tennis fanatics, and more.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated product manager to help bring the best possible software solutions to educators.
As an early member of a growing team, you must possess a strong work ethic and be upbeat, driven, intelligent, well-organized, articulate, share a passion for learning new technology, and thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment.
You will have the opportunity to immediately contribute and see results of your work in use by students, teachers, parents and district administrators across the country. This position reports to our CPO in our downtown Chicago office.
- Become a subject matter expert in the edtech space
- Brainstorm ideas for product development
- Coordinate product testing
- Document product definitions and features for both internal and external consumption
- Maintain a product backlog with epics and user stories
- Present product information and timelines accurately and professionally
- Synthesize input from users and stakeholders to effectively prioritize and define scope
- Work with the design teams to create UI wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and spec
- Work closely with diverse stakeholders to produce a well-defined product roadmap which executes a product vision and exhibits sound, sustainable technical design and high business value.
- Work with the delivery team to iterate and optimize processes
- Ability to absorb complex concepts and organize them
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Highly motivated, passionate, and self-driven
- Previous Agile product management experience
- Superb problem solving, critical thinking, and analytic skills
- Value iterative progress over perfection
Nice to Haves
- Experience with JIRA
- Competitive Salary and Options
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Really smart colleagues who work hard and play well
- Working in arguably the best neighborhood in the city with the best food, drinks, coffee and donuts all within walking distance
- Working in an amazing office building with gym, rooftop deck, frequent social events, shuttle to and from train stations
Otus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time. We are not considering applications for this position from candidates not located in Chicago.