Product Marketing Director at Fusion Risk Management
The Director of Product Marketing supports the overall success of Fusion's ability to bring new capabilities to market in a way that results in achieving the Company's revenue and market share growth plans as well as customer adoption goals.
Product Marketing serves a cross-functional and strategic role at Fusion. Product Marketing's influence begins with "Value Definition" by managing cross-functional efforts to explicitly define, choose and prioritize which markets, which problems and which solutions can credibly deliver business value that prospects are willing to pay for. As markets are identified and solutions are created to meet customer needs, Product Marketing drives impact in the "Value Creation" phase by working closely with Marketing to influence lead generation. This includes providing thought-leadership content, analyst relations and amplification of Fusion's message in the market to generate interest in our offerings. This then comes to a head in the "Value Realization" phase as prospects enter the funnel and Product Marketing provides tools and assets that help Sales accelerate deals and increase win rates and to increase adoption, up-take, and customer retention.
The Director of Product Marketing will play a key role in company success by ensuring that marketing, direct sales, partner sales, and account growth teams are enabled to be maximally successful in selling Fusion solutions. This is achieved by working cross-functionally to enable internal and channel sales teams with collateral, tools, competitive analysis, and other tactics that accelerate deal cycles, increase win rates and grow customer adoption.
The Director of Product Marketing reports to the Vice President of Product Marketing. Specific responsibilities include:
Value Realization Focus – Clearly articulate the value of Fusion's offerings to the target market and enable the rest of the organization to understand and carry the same consistent message.
- Establish overall content strategy in conjunction with the Marketing team and prioritize and manage product-related content creation to address content needs including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Create, enhance, and in any way possible contribute to the development of product marketing content that will support sales and marketing in buyer journey management and generation of revenue for Fusion, including but not limited to: print collateral, web content, social media content, presentation materials, video content.
- Continuously monitor and refine the market definition where Fusion participates, including segmentation and targeting for the success of Fusion's revenue and market-share goals.
- Perform and manage Win/Loss Analyses and other customer feedback calls and meetings and inform go-to-market and product teams of the findings.
- Assist with establishing Sales and Marketing enablement strategy and participate directly in sales enablement efforts around all product-related content including target markets, buyer profiles, product messaging, collateral, and sales tools.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on recommended changes.
- Plan the product marketing portion of new product launches and releases of existing products, and manage the product marketing deliverables of the release
- Market intelligence- develop an understanding of our buyers, who are they, how they buy, and their key buying criteria. As needed, work with the Director of Product Marketing focused on Value Definition and Creation to assist in market research initiatives.
- Understand the competitive landscape-be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Deliver content to drive profitable sales, brand growth and loyalty for all Fusion products, services, and solutions
- Support all product marketing content development and maintenance initiatives including print collateral, presentations, product videos, and more.
- Create and edit written and video content for product marketing purposes, marketing Fusion products, services, and solutions to Fusion prospective and existing clients.
- Convert internal product messaging documents into market-facing value propositions
- Assemble competitive research into sales tools including research notes and battlecards
- Plan and deliver product-focused webinars
- Work with Product and Solution Managers to document use cases and convert that into an array of sales enabling content
- Share product messaging with Sales and Marketing organizations by creating training materials and occasionally presenting topics in small training sessions and ad hoc meetings
- Sales tool development, including proposal templates, ROI calculators, etc.
- Work with the product management team to ensure product marketing and sales enablement processes are efficient.
- Contribute product messaging to Marketing efforts including advertisements, webcasts, websites, email campaigns, and tradeshows
- Enforce brand marketing guidelines in any product collateral.
- Measure the success of various product marketing collateral.
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree highly preferred) in marketing, management, computer science or related business or technical field
- A minimum of 7 years of experience total, preferably in a software or technology related company
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a product marketing/product management role working directly with cross-functional teams on software product and/or SaaS development teams
- Demonstrated product marketing messaging and collateral creation experience by sharing a portfolio of related work products
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; data-driven and results-oriented
- Demonstrated strong leadership in aligning process, projects, and people to meet business goals in cross-functional team settings
- Demonstrated coordination skills for multi-phased release efforts
- A track record of project delivery for medium to large product launch initiatives
- Experience delivering cross-functionally in an agile software development environment is a plus including launching new products from the ground up
- Market and competitive analysis experience a plus
- Sales enablement experience in B2B environments a plus
- Operates successfully in ambiguous environments
- Handles multiple contending priorities simultaneously in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Fusion Risk Management, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Nothing in this job posting should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.