Product Operations Manager – Analytics at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves in 2018 and 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
At project44, the Product Operations Team’s goal is to ensure we create the right products that move our business forward. As a Product Ops Manager you’ll be at the intersection between Tech, Ops and our Customers throughout the product process. They work closely with both internal and external cross-functional partners to surface, prioritize, test, rollout and iterate on products. This team member will be the analytics back bone of the Product Operations team by being a data guru who’s willing to roll their sleeves up to extract valuable analytics insights.
Responsibilities: What you’ll do
- Maintain regular communications with key team members across the Operations and Tech orgs
- Ensure functional partners are aligned on key objectives for the program / product
- Develop data-driven business insights and work with cross-functional partners to identify opportunities and recommend prioritization of product, growth, and optimization initiatives.
- Supervise core business metrics related to the product
- Surface and advocate for key insights from the business to advise product improvements
- Refine ambiguous questions and generate new hypotheses about the product through a deep understanding of the data, our customers, and our business
- Collaborate with Ops to design experiments concerning process automation. Interpret the results to draw detailed and impactful conclusions that influence product
- Collaborate with vital team members (legal, tax, policy, support etc) to prepare product for launch
Requirements: The experience you should have
- Bachelors in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field with 3+ years of industry experience
- Advanced SQL expertise.
- Experience in at least one scripting language (Python or R preferred)
- Highly skilled and capable in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, or similar tabulated/cell products
- Basic understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Willingness to get your hands dirty with messy data to identify product opportunities and uncover interesting product insights
- Excellent oral and written communication with the ability to engage internal and external customers
- Ability to scope, prioritize, and run end-to-end programs/projects/products
- Strong storytelling: distill interesting and hard-to-find insights into a compelling, concise data story
- Strategic alignment, able to bring key team members across functions together
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage relationships with partners coming from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Effective prioritization
- A desire to learn, highly motivated self-starter, with an eagerness to learn and grow
- Freight industry knowledge is a big plus!
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.