Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
You will work with our Platform Engineering team and external partners to improve the use and functionality of our APIs utilized by our digital banking platforms and external partners while providing support to the Senior Manager, Digital Banking.
The incumbent will serve as the Agile Product Owner for a digital development team. Responsibilities include managing the daily digital backlog, open defects, developing user stories and acceptance criteria; communicating to internal stakeholders and frontline associates; and assisting the Senior Manager, Digital Banking with the development of the strategic roadmap.
The Product Owner will be responsible for implementing enterprise initiatives in the API Marketplace and related APIs, as well as supporting external partners integrations. Resources to do the job require user experience, technical and analytical skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
The Product Owner, Digital Partnerships, will interface directly with many areas of the business to collect, clarify, and translate business needs into a clear end-product vision for the development team. Throughout the sprints and delivery lifecycle, the Product Owner collaborates with the Scrum Master, the other Product Owners, Technology partners, external partners, and multiple internal stakeholders to continually iterate and enhance the vision.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Manage the Platform Engineering backlog intake (new features, enhancements, fixes)
- Lead enhancement and fix discovery as assigned by Senior Manager, Digital Banking
- Develop user stories and acceptance criteria for digital feature enhancements, serving as the liaison between development teams and the business partners
- Translate and communicate enhancement requirements into stories in Azure DevOps and present requirements in person to the development team
- Create and maintain clear acceptance criteria for user stories
- Prioritize sprint work for the development team and provide final approval of work
- Participate in daily standup Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings, Sprint Reviews, and Retrospectives
- Share the voice of the member/partner with the development team
- Participate in testing for quality assurance and user acceptance
- Communicate with internal stakeholders on enhancement and fix requests, managing expectations and timelines
- Understand Alliant’s API Marketplace, APIs, and online and mobile banking inside and out
- Assist with external member communications around Alliant’s API Marketplace
- Assist with API Marketplace visioning and road mapping
- Stay up to speed on digital banking trends and fintech
- Follows general digital marketing, software, and user experience trends
- Drive projects and general progress towards the completion of requirements and implementation
- Monitor threats, risks and opportunities that might affect the success of projects and communicate them to the Senior Manager, Digital Banking when appropriate
- Track and report on key performance indicators on the online banking platform usage and adoption
- Maintain an open line of communication with Senior Manager, Digital Banking providing project progress updates
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s in marketing, business, ecommerce, technology or related field, required, and you have:
- Prior experience as a channel/product owner or experience in agile/scrum software development. Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Business Analyst experience preferred.
- A minimum 2-5 years’ experience in working with consumer-facing technology, websites/platforms, ecommerce, mobile apps or digital products with API Experience preferred
- Experience in the financial services industry a plus
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to break down complex processes into simple concepts
- Strategic thinker who is highly analytical and has a strong attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, user experience design, and content management systems
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and make sound independent decisions
- Excellent organizational skills as well as written and oral communication skills are essential
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Firebase, Azure DevOps, Azure API Management tooling a plus
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off