Product Owner - ServiceNow at Ensono
Job Summary Are you passionate about building solutions that solve real-world problems and deliver measurable business value? Do you enjoy making stack ranked lists of the next killer features and driving until you see them come to life? Do you know how to say ‘not now’? Do you believe in delivering actual products rather than just project artifacts? If so, continue reading this as we’re looking for a Product Owner to join our Global Platform Engineering team. We are responsible for the strategic development and lifecycle maintenance of Ensono Envision., our Hybrid IT Service Management platform. Ensono Envision underpins the industry-leading service we deliver to our clients every day, 24 hours a day. You will focus on delivering capability in our ServiceNow platform to improve our associates’ work experience. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Platform Engineer, with a dotted line to our Senior ServiceNow Product Owner. You will be an integral part of a scrum team collaborating with developers, business analysts, and administrators. You will be capable of working with technical and non-technical users distributed across India, the US, and Europe to understand the problems facing the business and to translate the requests and requirements into an implementable solution within an agile framework. You will also need to work with other platform teams to identify functionality that can be migrated from legacy systems as we continue our program of tool consolidation.
- Manage the Product roadmap and own the backlog for the ServiceNow platform
- Review and accept work completed by the development team
- Collating of user, technical, and migration requirements and filtering them down into a single product backlog
- Facilitating backlog refinement sessions
- Full knowledge and understanding of the product and the process
- Ensures solutions meet current customer need
- Daily representation of the end user in the scrum team to clarify questions on backlog items
- Tracking metrics for measurement of business outcomes gained from implemented solutions
- Working with other platform development groups and support teams to ensure a smooth transition of new capability into production.
You will be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the Product Owner role as it applies to software development but also non-software projects. You will also have a strong understanding of all the agile ceremonies and be able to facilitate these as necessary.
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly
- Ability to set priorities
- Ability to facilitate collaborative decision-making
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand the big picture solution and then craft requirements into actionable use cases, epics, user stories
- Ability to be effective in a growing and dynamic organization
- Takes initiative and assumes responsibility
- You will have demonstrable experience working in a Product Owner role in a highly technical environment or across a range of products.
- Experience in a managed service provider or developing technical services will be an advantage.
- Experience with or in depth knowledge of automated testing methods.
- We would expect 5+ years’ experience working in agile development teams.