Product Owner at Morningstar
Product Owner is responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by a software Scrum team in order to ensure impeccable features and functionality of DBRS Morningstar products. The Product Owner will work with a team located in New York and Chicago plus liaise with a team in Mumbai.
• Take lead of scrum teams as the Product Owner
• Work closely with the product team to understand product vision, requirement and scope
• Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create/document requirements
• Understand user workflows and find ways to improve efficacy together with the UX team
• Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
• Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
• Assess value, create and prioritize user stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
• Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
• Work closely with Product Management and/or Business Owners to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
• Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
• Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
• Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
• Ability to understand technical challenges and make educated trade-offs with your team.
• Drive product demos to end users, stakeholders, and other product owner peers. Constantly solicit user feedback and look for opportunities to incorporate them into product roadmap through communicating with the product team
• Collaborate with product management team to establish effective adoption strategy, training materials, and communication plan
• Translate client feedback/requests into product ideas for enhancement releases
• 2-3 years’ experience working experience as a Product Owner or a Business Analyst (or equivalent)
• Bachelor’s in computer science, Engineering or similar relevant field
• Ability to understand the big picture, communicate and commit to timelines for product delivery
• In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
• Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
• Ability to manage changing priorities and adapt
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Interest in and focus on building innovative software that users love.
• Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
• Creative thinker with a vision
• Attention to detail
Nice to have
• Domain knowledge in Credit industry is preferred but not required
• Previous experience in working with offshore teams is preferred but not required
DBRS Morningstar is a global credit ratings business, currently with 700 employees in eight offices globally. Formed through the July 2019 acquisition of DBRS by Morningstar, Inc., the ratings business is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world.
DBRS Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology and raising the bar for the industry. DBRS Morningstar is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes.
DBRS Morningstar rates more than 2,600 issuers and 54,000 securities worldwide and is driven to bringing more clarity, diversity of opinion, and responsiveness to the ratings process. DBRS Morningstar’s approach and size provide the agility to respond to customers’ needs, while being large enough to provide the necessary expertise and resources.