Product Owner at Affinitiv
Join our award-winning A-Team!
Ready to produce exceptional results with exceptional people? Get in touch, we would love to get to know you.
Affinitiv is the largest provider of end-to-end, data-driven marketing and software solutions exclusively focused on the automotive customer lifecycle. Backed by 20+ years of automotive and marketing expertise, we pride ourselves on being the go-to experts in the industry. Not only do we work with over 6,500 dealerships and every major manufacturer in the country, we’re well-versed in OEM standards and the intricacies of a dealership or group’s local business.
Reporting to the Director, Product, the Product Owner will develop requirements in the form of epics and user stories of cutting-edge cloud connected applications and offerings with the latest tools.
As Product Owner, you will be a member of the product management team who will directly oversee the execution of the near-term roadmap. You will be working closely with the engineering team to ensure that we build the best products for our customers. Your primary tasks will be to convert customer needs into requirements and user stories and to ensure that all design decisions are resolved in a timely manner to deliver successful releases on time.
- Owns regularly reporting on the overall health of their product/s by aligning sales, support & product to reflect a comprehensive view of their products
- Conducts voice-of-customer studies to understand and document user work flows and use cases
- Develops Epics and detailed user stories and work closely with development team members
- Functions as liaison between development team members and end customers, users and other stake holders
- Develops marketing collateral including product specifications, training documentation, user manuals and user acceptance tests (UATs)
- Assists with the preparation of wireframes and lead focus groups to validate concepts
- Attends all scrum meetings including backlog grooming, sprint planning, daily standup, sprint review to answer all requirement questions and provide feedback on development artifacts and applications
- Performs UATs and support field trials
- Drives best in class customer and user experience through system software and services
- Provides vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the development lifecycle
- Assesses value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Conducts needs analysis and documents requirements
- Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed business systems and processes to identify and implement improvements and opportunities to meet business unit objectives in large to enterprise wide processes
- Creates user stories/use cases, process & data flows and scenario in order to clearly communicate a set of functional requirements
- Provides input and support the development of business and functional specifications. Document to ensure business requirements are adequately reflected in development documents
- Identifies solutions to resolve business problems for internal and external customers by utilizing problem solving and analytical skills and documenting the "why" and "what" of the business problem
- Works with the development resources and QA resource to facilitate system testing
- Provides backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Works closely with colleagues to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- All other duties as assigned
- An under-graduate degree in computer science/electrical engineering; a master’s degree is preferred
- CSPO/PSPO certification is an asset
- 5+ years of proven experience as a product owner/manager
- 2+ years of experience conducting voice of customer studies
- 3+ years of experience writing epics and detailed user stories in Jira, Azure DevOps or similar tool
- 2+ years of experience performing User Acceptance Testing
- 2+ years of experience developing marketing collateral
- Experience with reporting and visualization tools, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Experienced Product Owner with a history in Software Development
- Experience with New Product commercialization
- Able to think critically and creatively
- Able to work well under deadline pressure and multi-task
- Willing to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to effectively partner in the development and execution of business strategies. Use strong analytical capabilities and a fact-based approach to develop effective solution to business issues
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing abilities while being nimble and adaptable
- Projects the highest levels of integrity while winning through a consultative and collaborative partnership
- Superior inter-personal communication and presentation skills as proven organizational skills
Work from Here
At Affinitiv, we have the best of both worlds. Our team members have embraced remote work and our Work from Here program allows for remote working and the utmost flexibility while keeping in person collaborating thriving in a safe work environment. Our Work from Here approach gives team members a choice to work on campus or remote, leaders can hold in person or virtual team meetings to collaborate and cultivate relationships.
Affinitiv knows you have interests outside of work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and 401K effective day 1 just to name a few. We also offer generous PTO so you can enjoy off time with family and friends.
At Affinitiv, we celebrate diversity, equality, and an inclusive environment.
Affinitiv is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are extended to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business needs. Affinitiv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.