Product Owner at Paylocity (Remote)
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Many companies offer payroll and human capital management (HCM) solutions, but Paylocity takes technology to the next level. We've evolved beyond HCM to a next-generation employee experience platform. With uniquely designed solutions to help companies engage employees, we've changed how and where work gets done and created a personalized work environment. Join Paylocity as we continue to transform the future of technology!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it's career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
Help Paylocity enhance communication and enable employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere with a position in Product & Technology!
Want to develop the strategies and principles needed to deliver compelling software? Join our team and help us enhance our all-in-one software platform, elevate our one-of-a-kind technology, and improve the employee experience.
Take your career to the next level at one of G2's Top 100 Software Companies. Explore our Product & Technology positions to see where you fit!
Let's go forward together.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Collaborative, Innovative and Humble
- Starts with the customer unmet need (both short and long term)
- Equally skilled at dreaming (and articulating) and starting (and articulating) small
- Always brings a point-of-view formed by mix of data, experience, and gut
- Thick-skinned enough to successfully interact at the CEO level; curious enough to ask questions and alter point-of-view appropriately
- Relentlessly curious about current market and technology trends, able to adapt accordingly
- Passionate about quality and controls
- A superior communicator with an affinity for change management
- Unflinching in your desire for production stability
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
- A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
- Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
- A phenomenal culture that keeps getting better
- 3+ years delivering software solutions in agile SaaS environment as a Product Manager, preferably in Enterprise Software space
- Data driven, with strong problem framing and analytical skills. You must be able to properly frame and size complex problems, then break them down into actionable steps
- Strong interpersonal skills; you will need to develop strong relationships with software and QA engineers, operations, sales, marketing and other internal key partners
- Excellent analytical, communication, technology skills
- Superior attention to detail with strong written and organizational skills
- Self-directed, self-motivated
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (confluence, slack, zoom, email, etc.)
- Established a point-of-view about the product vision and aligned business owners and product stakeholders to that vision
- Became a deep expert in our customers, our business, the industry and the data
- Translated product vision into prioritized and deliverable epics and user stories
- Coordinated with other Product Owners to establish overall release goals and identify dependencies for cross-product initiatives
- Driven continuous improvement; shared lessons learned and contributed to the development of the agile practices
- Adjusted product priorities based on actual experience and user feedback
- Facilitated and guided product planning, stakeholder interactions, and demos
- Worked with internal and external customers to fully understand and conceptualize features and work flows related to those features
- Created, maintained, prioritized and owned the product backlog
- Made the final determination on feature acceptance and what ships
- Understood the competitive landscape and balance but not be beholden to it
- Acted as the voice of the customer, answered product related questions, and provided overall direction
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $94,393- $152,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.