PRODUCT OWNER at Cat Digital
JOB PURPOSE: We are looking for a Product Owner to drive enterprise growth through the definition and delivery of world class digital solutions with our enterprise, industry, dealer and/or customer partners. The roll will consult with internal and external customers to define and deliver global IoT solutions. These solutions will focus on the full customer lifecycle from increasing machine uptime, productivity and efficiency to developing online leads for machine and service purchases. The product owner will build a strong understanding of the marketing and business objectives of multiple business units, industry groups, dealers and/or customers to determine what, how, when and where capabilities can be best utilized to drive value.
This position will play a critical role in shaping the future of Cat IoT digital solutions through the development and execution of strategic product plans and innovative business models. It is responsible for understanding global needs related to IoT enabled digital solutions and how they deliver value to Cat customers and dealers. This position will work closely with our industry team to develop commercial strategies, product strategies, and define functional requirements for the end-to-end digital solutions.
· Collaborate with Cat digital leaders, industry digital leaders, dealers, and customers to define digital strategy, vision, product capabilities, product roadmap and commercialization strategy by focusing on optimizing the end-user experience
· Research the competitive market to ensure the developed solutions are cutting edge and industry leading
· Define and document digital IoT related technology marketing and functional requirements
· Assist engineering teams in the translation of marketing requirements into technical specs
· Direct accountability for ensuring the solutions delivered meet user expectations
· Maintain a high level of awareness and enthusiasm for the new developments within digital and fleet management
· Consult with internal process partners, customers, and dealers as a recognized expert in the digital technology space by leveraging in-depth product experience
· Be hands-on with the development of the product that will, at times, require the Product Owner to take on various roles: UI/UX, testing, marketing, and support.
· Drive operational improvement, create a positive and energetic work environment and set both tactical and strategic goals for current and future programs.
· Mentor junior team members
Key competencies for the role are Business Acumen, Composure, Conflict Management, Creativity, Drive for Results, Learning Quickly, Listening, Planning, Process Management, Self-Development and Communication.
Some travel required (up to 20% of working time)
· Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
· 5+ years of experience with digital product management/ownership (on or off board)
· Excellent communication with internal stakeholders, customers and dealers
· Strong understand of product development processes and tools
· Willingness to train others on product development tools and strategies. Organized, detail-oriented and manages stress well
Top candidates will also have:
· Experience developing and executing digital product strategies and development programs
· Experience in the fleet/equipment management space and knowledge of the role digital solutions play in bringing value to customers, dealers, and internal process partners
· Experience in the application of IoT across dealer and customer work streams
· Experience with the development, documentation, and general management of market requirements.
· Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, analytical / critical thinking skills
- Must be flexible, independent and self-motivate
· Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent team member, good judgment and the ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task to accomplish workload efficiently. Excellent time management.