Product Specialist for Health Tech Startup at CancerIQ
CancerIQ’s technology makes it possible for providers to recognize and empower patients who have increased risk for cancer at scale. Offering patients cancer risk assessment, genetic counseling and genetic testing is the right thing to do, but most providers (e.g., hospitals, cancer centers, group practices) simply don’t have the time or the money to do it. Now, CancerIQ’s unique technology enables providers to screen, assess and manage entire patient populations based on individual genetic risks. That means they can prevent deadly, early-onset cancers.
We do this by empowering providers with workflow solutions that help them start, run, and grow their own in-house genetics programs. Our mission is it help every provider engage and educate patients, and guide them through the complex, convoluted, and intimidating journey of cancer prevention.
Are you a recent graduate who has a passion for healthcare? Are you seeking an opportunity to expand patient access through the use of technology? Are you entrepreneurial and seeking a fast-changing environment? If so, then apply for the CancerIQ Product Specialist role.
As the entry-level customer-facing role at CancerIQ, the Product Specialist works in tandem with the Customer Success Manager to execute day-to-day activities that empower a provider to start, run, and grow its own in-house genetics program. To achieve this, the customer success team ensures each CancerIQ customer site is operating smoothly, achieving key performance metrics (KPI’s) and, as a result, is poised for growth.
For her/his assigned CancerIQ customers, the Product Specialist focuses on meeting the needs and exceeding the expectations of the customer’s users, through both initial onboarding/implementation and ongoing support. This could mean travelling to support a go-live in person, leading webinars, training users and working to become a trusted partner to the customer.
Working in a startup your responsibilities will be diverse. The Product Specialist will have opportunities to assist customers with research, create patient facing marketing materials, develop metric reports, tell stories with data, and assist in creating tickets for new product development.
- Deliver initial and ongoing training of a customer’s Clinical staff - including physicians, genetic counselors, nurses, and office staff - on CancerIQ software and workflows
- Attend weekly, monthly and quarterly customer calls, and memorialize those calls within the CancerIQ HubSpot CRM
- Receive, respond to, resolve (in conjunction with CancerIQ’s product and product management teams) and memorialize a customer’s support request, including technical and process requests
- Build trust with each customer’s clinical staff
- Develop product expertise across the entire CancerIQ product portfolio
- Develop genetics expertise
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities and new initiatives
- Willingness to pitch in and help any teams or colleagues in need
- Work with product and engineering team to escalate customer issues and requests while continuing to manage the ticket
- Assist customers in troubleshooting technology issues over the phone
- Identify and share customer needs for product team to prioritize
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree, Life Sciences/Business/Health Administration degree preferred
- Has a track record of quickly and successfully absorbing a lot of information
- Has experience working within a healthcare environment - preferably, understands clinical environments and workflows
- Is passionate about genetics, cancer prevention, and increasing access to care
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Is experienced with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Is willing to travel to on-site customer meetings for implementations and annual reviews - travel is estimated at 20%
Cancer IQ's benefits include:
- Full access to our fully equipped onsite gym
- Opportunity to work in the cutting-edge field of genetics and genomics
- Health insurance, commuter benefits, 401k, unlimited PTO
- Laid back work environment, conveniently located in River North
- Become part of a dynamic team of fun, young professionals