CancerIQ’s technology makes it possible for providers to, at scale, recognize and empower patients who have increased risk for cancer. Offering patients cancer risk assessment, genetic counseling and genetic testing is the right thing to do, but most providers (e.g., hospitals, cancer centers, group practices) simply don’t have the time or the money to do it. With CancerIQ, providers can screen, evaluate and manage entire patient populations according to their genetic makeup.
We do this by empowering providers with workflow solutions that help them start, run, and grow their own in-house genetics programs. Our mission is it help every provider engage and educate patients, and guide them through the complex, convoluted, and intimidating journey of cancer prevention.
CancerIQ markets our solutions nationwide to cancer centers, breast centers and genetics practices, and has grown 30x since emerging from private beta in Spring 2016.
Are you a recently minted pre-med undergraduate who eventually wants to become a doctor or geneticist? Are you seeking an opportunity for the next two years to gain clinical experience, make relationships with medical professionals, and better understand genetics in advance of beginning medical school? Are you entrepreneurial and seeking a fast-changing environment? If so, then apply for the CancerIQ Product Specialist role.
As the entry-level customer-facing role at CancerIQ, the Product Specialist works in tandem with the Customer Success Associate to execute day-to-day activities that empower a provider to start, run, and grow its own in-house genetics program. To achieve this, the Product Specialist/Customer Success Associate team insures each CancerIQ customer site is operating smoothly, achieving key performance metrics (KPI’s) and, as a result, is poised for growth.
For her/his assigned CancerIQ customers, the Product Specialist focuses on meeting the needs and exceeding the expectations of the customer’s users, through both initial onboarding/implementation and ongoing support.
Additionally, this role allows you to define your future career path at CancerIQ. Successful employees in the Product Specialist role will be promoted to a role either in Customer Success as a Customer Success Associate or in the Product team as a Product Strategist.
- Partner with the Customer Success Associate to deliver initial and ongoing training of a customer’s Clinical staff - including physicians, genetic counselors, nurses, and office staff - on CancerIQ software and workflows
- Attend weekly, monthly and quarterly customer calls, and memorialize those calls within the CancerIQ Hubspot CRM
- Receive, respond to, resolve (in conjunction with CancerIQ’s product and product management teams) and memorialize a customer’s support request, including technical and process requests
- Build trust with each customer’s Clinical staff
- Develop product expertise across the entire CancerIQ product portfolio
- Develop genetics expertise
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree, Business/Health Administration degree preferred
- Has a track record of quickly and successfully absorbing a lot of information
- Has at least 1 year of experience working within a healthcare environment - preferably, understands clinical environments and workflows
- Is passionate about genetics and women’s health
- Interested in a career in medicine/genetics
- Familiar with EMRs and/or other healthcare technology
- Has strong oral and written communications skills
- Has excellent presentation skills
- Is experienced with the Microsoft Office Suite
Is willing to travel to on-site customer meetings for implementations and annual reviews - travel is estimated at 20%
- Working with a fun, young team of professionals
- Health insurance, commuter benefits, other work perks
- Laid back work environment, conveniently located near downtown Chicago's Northwestern medical campus
- Unlimited free coffee and beer