SENIOR DIGITAL PRODUCT OWNER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
The Senior Digital Product Owner (PO) will be a critical foundational team member collaborating with a multi faceted product team as well as development teams to drive the development of a world class condition monitoring application. While focused primarily on the development of the application front end and selected backend capabilities, the PO will also partner with architects, data scientists and platform development engineers to deliver the application leveraging advanced analytics, and engineered to maximize customer uptime, lower total cost of ownership while enabling Caterpillar’s aftermarket parts and services growth goals.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
The Product Owner works closely with the Scrum Master and the Development Team with the primary task of creating and managing the Technical Product Backlog and to ensure everyone knows the priorities.
- Responsible for acting as Technical Product Owner for large, complex application with strategic value to the organization
- Convert business requirements from the Product team to Technical requirements for Development teams, while collaborating with solution and technology leads on completeness and feasibility of requirements.
- Decompose business epics, themes and features into technical user stories including functional and non-functional requirements, and all applicable test conditions that are small enough, or granular enough, to be achieved in a single sprint
- Direct the work of testing resources to complete required test scripts, Review and document test defects, assigning and tracking resolution of identified defects
- Work closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Participate in Daily Scrum as needed, Sprint Planning meetings, Reveals and Retrospectives
- Inspect the product progress at the end of every Sprint and accept or reject the work that has been done by the Development Team
- Act as the voice of the team, communicating status externally
Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, information systems, marketing, engineering or related field
- 5+ years’ experience working as a product owner
- 5+ years of experience leading a large technical team while simultaneously managing multiple projects
- 3+ years of experience with the Agile methodology
- Demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately to ensure a team’s success
- Strong accountability planning/organization, and teamwork
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive, emotional or potentially controversial situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Top candidates will also have:
- Prior software development experience
- Product Owner certification (CSPO from Scrum Alliance)
- Domain expertise in industrial applications
- Experience managing projects using Agile software tools such as Mingle, VSTS, JIRA, Team Services, Rally
- Experience working with onshore/offshore team model
- Demonstrated ability to empower teams
- Strong accountability, teamwork, and interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Knowledge of SDLC and demonstrated experience employing SDLC in aspects of the project management process
- Good knowledge of Caterpillar policies, standards, procedures, and a broad understanding of Caterpillar’s organization
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.