Senior Director of Product at Reverb
Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has built an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear. In 2019 Reverb was acquired by Etsy. With the added support of one of the largest online marketplaces, we are on a path to becoming the go-to site for musicians everywhere.
Our core belief is that music makes the world a better place. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides students, teachers, and leaders of music programs across the world with instruments they need.
The Senior Director of Product's primary responsibilities include: developing the overall product strategy and prioritizing focus areas for your team; ensuring the successful execution of key product initiatives and being accountable for primary product metrics; hiring and continuously developing a team of outstanding product managers and strengthening our PM discipline; and communicating plans and performance to the executive team, key stakeholders, and the company.
The strategy piece requires:
- understanding the company’s major initiatives, constraints, and business performance to inform the product direction you create;
- providing direction for product teams and supporting the development of clear, effective product plans;
- guiding the product team to achieve top-level sales and revenue growth targets by driving forward significant improvements to our buyers’ and sellers’ experiences
This position leads all aspects of the work of 5-7 product managers and enables them to make great decisions and deliver high impact work. You will:
- develop performance indicators to guide teams and hold them accountable for those metrics
- prioritize effectively and quickly makes changes as needed
- ensure the most important problems are given the attention they need,
- and partner with Engineering and Design leadership to build effective development processes and agile practices that work for our teams.
As the functional leader and manager for all product managers, this role:
- ensures strong leadership and places strategic problem solvers in key areas
- gives teams context and guidance while encouraging a culture of empowered product teams
- supports and demonstrates great data-based decision making
- encourages strong cross-functional collaboration, and
- enables reports to learn and grow their careers as product leaders.
Communication is key. We look to this role to effectively share the why behind your strategy and decisions, build support for important bodies of work with people of all levels and roles, and understand stakeholders’ needs and consider how products can support them.
We're looking for someone with at least 10 years' experience in product-oriented roles (e.g. product manager, engineer, designer, etc.), at least 3 years being directly accountable for developing and executing the strategy for one or more major products, and 2+ years' experience managing a team of highly skilled, productive direct reports. We seek someone who is very strong analytically who is comfortable with SQL and BI tools, able to independently do many analyses and interpret a wide range of data and business inputs to inform decisions.
It's all about collaboration at Reverb. This role partners with engineering leadership and other peers to build support for major initiatives across the organization. We need deep experience working with engineers to deliver great products, and a solid understanding of software and how it works.
Reverb is very customer oriented. This role requires a strong familiarity with UX research and product design and how they contribute to product decision making.
To be successful in this role, we require outstanding communication abilities and a consistent track record of building relationships, establishing connections, motivating, and listening to executives, peers, team members, and customers alike.
Given the nature of our business, familiarity with e-commerce, marketplaces, and/or the music industry are significant pluses!
About our compensation and benefits
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A flexible take it as you need it PTO policy
- 12 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to you community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.