Senior Food Scientist, Product Development
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBAR cuts through the clutter with a clean ingredient deck and disruptive branding. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition has propelled RXBAR to be a major, rapidly growing player in the nutrition category.
Senior Product Development Scientist: The success we have had today is directly attributed to our focus and commitment to the product. We have a passion for developing the best possible product for our customers. This process all starts in the lab with product development.
The ideal Senior Product Development Scientist has a passion for food, quality, and is looking to be part of an exciting, fast-paced, innovative company. This person must be a quick learner, seek excellence, have an analytical mind that embraces data, strong critical thinking skills and has creative mindset.
General Functions & Responsibilities:
- Utilize principles of formulating emulsions and suspension systems to spearhead development, from bench to commercialization, of new product categories for RXBAR
- Support innovation and renovation/continuous improvement short-term/quarterly projects: raw material functionality know-how and formulation development to enable delivery of set product performance targets and attributes
- Support smooth scale-up and start-up of new formulations at contract manufacturing facilities
- Partner with ingredient suppliers and contract manufacturers technical counterparts (R&D and Quality) to ensure delivery against our specification targets and drive continuous improvement programs at the site level
- Identify technical risks and recommend contingency plans; test and advise alternative ingredients and/or processes that would improve product quality and/or process efficiency
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior cohort in R&D team
- Handle multiple assignments simultaneously, including innovation, productivity and quality initiatives
- Generate project briefs, project summaries, technical updates and can effectively convey food science/technical recommendations to non-technical stakeholders
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field; Master’s Degree in Food Science or related Life Sciences field a plus
- 3+ years of product development experience - food and/or beverage manufacturing and/or Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience
- Strong knowledge base and skill set in beverage formulation, preferred
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player
- Always pursues excellence; passion for food business
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
Please NO Recruiter or Third Party / Agency Inquiries