Senior Investment Product Manager, Fixed Income at Morningstar
The Group: The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients.
Morningstar Indexes provides indexing solutions to measure and benchmark markets and asset classes around the world and offers a broad suite of global equity, Fixed Income, commodity, and asset allocation indexes. Morningstar Indexes are designed to help investors at every stage of the investment process - market monitoring, benchmarking, asset allocation, and portfolio construction. Global asset managers use the Morningstar strategic beta indexes, which are based on proprietary research, to create investment solutions to meet investor goals. In addition, Global asset managers use Morningstar's beta indexes, which represent different segments of the financial markets, to both benchmark and create investment products.
The Role: This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, collaborative and experienced product manager looking to join a fast-growing business. The role of the Senior Investment Product Manager is to lead the commercial success of the Fixed Income Index product range. Reporting to the director of product management you will be part of a global team, with colleagues based in the US, EMEA, Asia and Australia. You will work closely with the research team to collaborate on new index development ideas, as the voice of the client and the marketplace, ensuring product capabilities are aligned with the global market opportunities. In addition, you'll work closely with sales and marketing to enable our teams and drive adoption of our index range.
This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Lead the commercial success of Morningstar’s Fixed Income indexes by partnering with sales, marketing and research
- Develop and execute the Fixed Income Indexes product strategy and roadmap
- Create and action product “go to market” strategies, anticipating evolving market conditions to maximize opportunities and manage potential risk
- Partner and contribute to the Fixed Income Index product development process with a focus on Morningstar’s thought leadership and client and market intelligence
- Collaborate with sales and research teams to identify new business and product development opportunities
- Develop client engagement plans including relevant collateral with the appropriate internal teams
- Serve as a subject matter expert throughout the sales process and as an escalation point for client issues
- Relevant experience preferably working in Indexes or Asset Management
- 8 years experience working with fixed income required, fixed income indexes preferred
- Proven track-record growing revenue through client acquisition and new product launches
- Collaborate, communicate and influence to build significant internal and external partnerships
- Excellent client-focus and service mindset
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced global work environment, exhibit a passion for innovation, and harbor a genuine belief in Morningstar's core values.
- Candidates must hold a bachelor's degree. MBA or CFA desired. Minimum 6 years professional experience.
- Some travel required.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application materials.