Senior Principal Product Engineer – Digital Transformation at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
WHO WE ARE
Discover. A Brighter Future.
We’re dedicated to helping people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more for a brighter financial future. Together, we get things done the right way by focusing on transparency— and help millions of customers in the process. From our internal systems, to the latest digital banking and payment tools, we’re revolutionizing the fintech industry.
Our technology organization is transforming into Agile-focused, small yet high-performing engineering teams. We’re looking for thought leaders who excel at solving problems and have a passion for developing others to join us. Discover technologists empower each other to grow while fostering an environment of belonging. Our inclusive culture sets us apart and inspires teams to strive for a true, industry-leading transformation. At Discover our technologists step in the door and immediately have the opportunity to be impactful, not only to our organization but also to the customers and communities that we support.
The Senior Principal Product Engineer - Digital Transformation is critical in creating and delivering immersive engineering training FOR engineers BY engineers as part of a newly formed Discover Technology Academy. Your thought leadership will directly influence the skill building and transformation of our engineering teams. Discover has a culture of continuous learning and you will play a key part in shaping and delivering that learning journey for our software engineering teams.
What You’ll Do:
As a Senior Principal Product Engineer - Digital Transformation, you will:
- Work with a team of engineers integrated in the Discover Technology Academy to build transformation plans and conduct an immersive engineering learning experience through a dojo framework
- Diagnose opportunities for automation and efficiency in the end to end product delivery cycle
- Influence other engineers to embrace agile practices and transform the way they work
- Be hands on by pairing with engineers to create and maintain full stack solutions in one or more ways:
- Complex front-ends (user interfaces), with a focus on user experience
- Multiple Back-end systems
- DevOps processes and application infrastructure, while leveraging cloud services (including database systems and models)
- Plan how we build and integrate new systems by leveraging your holistic knowledge of the products in our ecosystem
- Collaborate with our business partners to understand all business requirements
- Innovate on best practices for our team and advocate for improved processes with our internal partners
- Support live systems to ensure business continuity
- Solve complex technical problems and explore new ways to bring value
- Guide our team through implementing new solutions from inception to production
- Mentor and inspire our team members by helping them to hone tech skills/expertise
- Keep up-to-date with new technology trends and innovations
- Frequently attend Industry Conferences and occasionally participate in panels to and lead “TED Talk” like forums
- Leverage your network to bring the best of the best to our technology organization
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 10+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- In lieu of education, 12+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience guiding, influencing and teaching engineers
- Agile/Digital transformation experience
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
- Strong experience working with a relational database and NoSQL database
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
#Remote #BI-Remote #LI-SY1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.