Senior Product Analyst, Pricing at Root Inc. (Remote)
At Root, we’ve reimagined car insurance to make it smarter, more equitable, and a better experience for all. Using technology in smartphones, we’re able to measure driving behavior to give our customers the prices they deserve.
The Pricing team uses data, technology, and rapid innovation to develop pricing strategies that maximize profitable growth. The team is responsible for turning raw data into compelling stories that generate actionable insights, so strong technical skills, communication, and business acumen are a must.
If you love fast paced environments and using data to solve problems, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Reports to: Analytics Manager
What you'll be doing.
- Analyze pricing performance to synthesize actionable insights that will help define strategies to achieve profitable growth
- Communicate recommendations with data driven support to senior leaders, both written and orally
- Conduct pre and post deployment impact analysis to quantify the success of new strategies and pricing implementations
- Work with data scientists to build predictive models for retention, conversion, loss ratios, and bound premiums
- Mentor junior analysts to further develop soft skills and technical competencies
- Assist the analytics manager in auditing and reviewing work of junior analysts
- Assist in the interview process and onboarding of new analysts
What we're looking for.
- 3+ years of work experience in analytics (preferably pricing or insurance related)
- Proficiency with SQL and BI software (R and/or python experience preferred)
- Analytical mindset
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking
- Superior written and oral communication skills
Finding the right people to help us build Root is a top priority. Whether you would like to explore the possibility of working together or simply learn more about the position, we’d love to hear from you!
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.