Senior Product Manager- Carbon Risk at Morningstar
ABOUT THE TEAM
Sustainalytics is committed to expanding its suite of solutions by building a talented team dedicated to enhancing and commercializing a climate-focused product suite that meets the growing demands of investors and corporates who want to better understand risks and opportunities as we transition to a low-carbon economy.
Sustainalytics is seeking a Senior Product Manager to manage our current product offerings in the area of carbon risk in investment. As a seasoned professional with expertise in ESG and carbon risk, the Senior Product Manager will lead the development, productization, and maintenance of a carbon risk product suite that meets expanding market needs for leading edge carbon risk data, insights and tools. In addition, the Senior Product Manager will contribute to the creation of the evolving longer term company strategy related to climate solutions. As part of a rapidly expanding climate focused team, the Senior Product Manager will champion the suite of climate solutions both internally and externally to a growing and dynamic global client base.
The position is focused on managing and enhancing our current carbon risk product suite and overseeing the product development lifecycle; supporting client service and sales teams to achieve commercial objectives; and collaborating with cross-functional partners to build robust and efficient operational processes that improve and ensure product quality.
This multifaceted role requires someone who excels in a dynamic environment, is a creative problem solver, and is a team player. Although this role requires close collaboration with IT and Marketing, the positions is predominantly a research product development role that focuses on productization of ESG/Carbon related research. The ideal candidate is experienced in research or financial product development in the financial services industry, and in the application of ESG and carbon risk research in investment processes.
• Lead the development of the vision and roadmap for a carbon risk product suite to ensure a competitive offering that aligns with evolving market needs and corporate priorities.
• Lead the execution of the product roadmap, collaborating with internal partners and managing the development lifecycle of features in order to bring them to market.
• Provide insights on the carbon risk market landscape and work with commercial teams to understand client needs to inform product strategy and development priorities; and to translate insights into actionable product outcomes.
• Serve as a specialist on our carbon risk product suite, responding to inquiries and providing advice to prospects, clients, and commercial teams on the value and utility of the product suite.
• May manage a 1- or 2-person product team.
• At least 7 years of relevant work experience as a product manager in ESG or Asset Management or Financial Services;
• Deep knowledge and understanding of investment risk due to climate change, use cases, and applications;
• Experience working with clients in the financial services industry; CFA considered an asset;
• Strong stakeholder/partner management skills, including excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Demonstrated track record of working with clients and supporting sales processes;
• Proven ability to work cross-functionally with ease and manage competing interests to deliver strategic projects efficiently and effectively.
• Ability to deal with uncertainty and drive outcomes in a fast-paced environment;
• Alignment with Sustainalytics’ mission, vision and values.