The Group: Morningstar Indexes is one of the fastest growing business units at Morningstar. The team provides indexing solutions to measure and benchmark markets and asset classes around the world and offers a broad suite of global equity, bond, commodity, and asset allocation indexes. Morningstar Indexes are designed to help investors at every stage of the investment process - market monitoring, benchmarking, asset allocation, and portfolio construction. Global asset managers use the Morningstar strategic beta indexes, which are based on proprietary research, to create investment solutions to meet investor goals. In addition, global asset managers use Morningstar's beta indexes, which represent different segments of the financial markets, to both benchmark and create investment products.
The Role: This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, collaborative and experienced product manager looking to join a fast-growing business. The Senior Product Manager leads the commercial success of the Fixed-Income Index product range. Reporting to the head of product management ,you will be part of a global team, with colleagues based in the US, EMEA, Asia and Australia. You will work closely with the Research team to collaborate on new index development ideas as the voice of the client and the marketplace, ensuring product capabilities are aligned with the global market opportunities in addition to working closely with Sales and Marketing to enable our teams and drive adoption of our index range.
- Lead the commercial success of Morningstar’s Fixed-Income indexes by partnering with Sales, Marketing and Research teams.
- Develop and execute the Fixed-Income Indexes product strategy, roadmap and go to market strategies.
- Partner and contribute to the Fixed-Income index product development process based on Morningstar’s thought leadership, in addition to client and market intelligence.
- Collaborate with Sales and Research teams to identify new business and product development opportunities.
- Develop client engagement plans including relevant collateral with the appropriate internal teams.
- Serve as a subject matter expert throughout the sales process; and escalation point for client issues.
A seasoned professional with relevant experience managing Fixed-Income indexes or data products or managing fixed-income investment portfolios.
Strong technical knowledge of fixed-income concepts and the underlying asset classes.
Proven track-record growing revenue through client acquisition and new product launches.
Collaborate, communicate and influence to build significant internal and external partnerships.
Excellent client-focus and service mindset.
Able to thrive in a fast-paced global work environment, exhibit a passion for innovation, and harbor a genuine belief in Morningstar`s core values.
Bachelor's degree with excellent academic credentials. MBA or CFA desired.
For internal candidates, knowledge of Morningstar Data and Direct desired.
Some travel required.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application materials.