Senior Product Manager - Growth
Sprout Social builds social media management software to help brands find, form and deepen real connections with people. Today, more than 20,000 customers use Sprout Social to connect with their audience. Our growth is built on a product that solves real, hard problems on our customers’ behalf.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to be a part of Sprout’s Growth Product team and lead our Onboarding team. Your job will be to connect Sprout users with the broad set of features and value that meet their needs. This includes building and running a growth experimentation program focused on accelerating growth during customer’s first 90 days within Sprout.
As a Senior Product Manager on your Growth Team you should have passion and skills in these areas:
- Shipping features that helps users connect to value of a product
- Running A/B and multivariate experiments
- Experience or familiarity with SaaS products and metrics
- Comfortable with and enjoy digging in to data
- Ability to turn meaningful insights into actionable plans
- Driven by delivering real business results
In your role, you will develop a deep understanding of Sprout’s product and domain. You will lead the development of the product strategy and roadmap for our onboarding experience that aligns with our Sales, Success and Marketing organizations. From this strategy you will develop a roadmap and testing backlog to deliver value, generate learnings to drive your approach, and ultimately measure the success/failure of the strategy with KPI’s.
You’ll be hands-on in leading engineers and designers in executing the product roadmap and own the ultimate success or failure of the team’s ability to improve our onboarding experience. You’ll be aligning with and sharing your team’s strategic plan, work-in-progress, and results with other product teams, marketing, sales, success and work directly with our executive team to deliver the highest impact results possible.
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product and how our customers use it.
- Try using the Sprout product yourself—including for publishing and analyzing content—to see it the way a customer does.
- Partner with the Director of Product to set initial priorities and align on expectations for your role.
- Start building relationships with engineers and designers in your product team as well as across the broader Product Management team.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Begin analyzing our qualitative and quantitative research to start forming hypotheses about how our product can better fit our customers’ lives.
- Lead day-to-day product execution for your team delivering value to customers every 2 weeks. You’ll identify project goals, write user stories, and organize releases.
- Begin identifying opportunities to run A/B experiments to drive learnings and identify future opportunities.
- Understand the engineering behind the Sprout product well enough that you can predict some product trade-offs and ask your team productive questions.
- Collaborate with Growth Marketing to align strategies between product and marketing strategy to create a cohesive user experience and maximize impact.
- Facilitate quarterly roadmap planning for your team and represent the plan to the rest of Sprout’s product teams, including executive leadership.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Build on your developing customer/industry expertise and take firm ownership of your team’s strategy. You will likely start identifying opportunities and generating hypotheses that a product manager from another team would not.
- Collaborate with other product managers for cross-team problem solving and feature delivery.
- Regularly collaborate with leaders from Sales and Success organization to identify new opportunities.
- See a high impact project through from start-to-finish. You’ll assume ownership for results of your team’s product releases and how you learn from them.
- Start developing a deep understanding of data. Begin efficiently accessing and analyzing the data needed using Redshift, SQL, Tableau, and other similar analytics tools
- Begin owning your squad’s performance against Growth’s KPI’s
Within 12 months, you will...
- Be familiar with key SaaS growth concepts such as CAC, LTV, etc, and be able to leverage these types of metrics to drive effective and impactful decision making.
- Push your team to do its best work yet. You’ll know the team well and understand how to encourage them to do work the whole team and company is incredibly proud of.
- Advance the craft of product management at Sprout. You’ll set a good example and share what you’ve learned.
- Be ready to take on new challenges to help your team and the broader product management organization—including things we likely haven’t anticipated yet!
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago and Seattle
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please
contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please
click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster and (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!