Senior Product Manager II
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams in iterative and incremental discovery of end user requirements in a dual track scrum operating model.
- Demonstrated experience in applying scrum methodologies and product management frameworks to create and deliver customer value.
- Excellent ability to manage multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization, in areas with both technical and business focuses.
- Ability to identify stakeholders, build relationships, and influence others to get work done.
- Prioritizing all of the above to ensure the most urgent and valuable work is getting done first.
- Experience corporate and/or customer support operations a plus.
- Travel requirements: Some travel required (<10%).
Instructions: Select pertinent skills from the list below and delete as necessary, then select a level from the Professional Skills Guide. If appropriate add a few words describing specific requirements under each skill.
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service – Advanced
- Verbal Communication – Advanced
- Written Communication – Advanced
- Teamwork – Advanced
- Relationships – Advanced
- Negotiation – Proficient
- Organizational Awareness – Advanced
- Learning Agility – Advanced
- Analysis – Advanced
- Problem Solving – Advanced
- Process Orientation – Advanced
- Prioritization – Advanced
Role Specific Skills
- Define and manage the prioritized backlog of operational efficiency capabilities and features that meet both internal and external customer needs
- Collaborate with key business partners and stakeholders to discover and articulate requirements and user stories, manage and communicate the product roadmap, and deliver per customer contracts and/or requests with high quality and predictability
- Work with software engineering, operations personnel and other product managers to ensure on-time delivery of product software features that focus on creating an intelligent platform experienes improving operational efficiency
- Define and analyze KPIs and metrics that inform the feature/product’s success and tie to corporate intiatives
- Evolve product strategy based on market and competitive research, internal operations data analysis, and industry trends.
- Drive improvements to our existing products and identify opportunities for new product ideas
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines
- MBA or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years of experience in hardware or software product development, business analytics, strategy or equivalent professional background
- 3+ years of experience in product management
- Scrum Alliance Certified Product Owner or ScrumMaster preferred
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.