Senior Product Manager, Institutional Consulting at Morningstar
The Group: The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients. The group’s product management, product development, and service teams collaborate to provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
The Role: Morningstar is looking for a talented Senior Product Manager for Institutional Software and Data products to lead the strategy, development and go-to-market activities for Morningstar’s products in the institutional investing and consulting market. Morningstar primarily serves this market via our Morningstar Direct software platform and this role will be responsible for evolving Direct to serve the specific needs of investment consultants and institutional investors.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for helping to define our strategy within this client segment and working with our data and software development teams to develop an offering aimed specifically at the target audience. The Senior Product Manager will ultimately be responsible for the commercial success of our product offerings in this space. This role reports to the Director of Wealth Management Software and is based in our Chicago office.
- Own the commercial success, product roadmap, prioritization, and go-to-market activities for the institutional client segment.
- Work with software product and solutions leaders from across the organization, as partners, to develop a product vision that supports and advances their business goals.
- Collaborate with sales, client success teams and partners to gather client input into the products and educate internal teams on the specific needs of the market.
- Provide market requirements regarding data, analytics, and workflow needs to our data and software development teams for inclusion in product development.
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, computer science or related field is required; a graduate degree is preferred.
- A minimum of five to ten years of relevant and progressive experience in investment consulting or related data or software firms that work directly with this audience.
- Experience with an institutional database like PSN or eVestment.
- Experience with creating performance reports for institutional clients.
- Experience preparing or presenting asset manager selection material for institutional clients.
- Experience with an Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) model.
- Excellent oral and written communication, planning, and analytical skills.