Senior Product Manager, International Marketplace Growth
In this role, you will:
- Create and execute strategic roadmap focused on driving more value for customers across multiple geographies
- Launch strategic features into new marketplaces and drive incremental learning of international market dynamics
- Identify growth opportunities in key marketplaces relating to hiring manager conversion, freelancer rates, category mix, and matching
- Invent, design and build solutions that push the limits of our market dynamics resulting in growth of freelancer earnings and hiring managers spend and retention
- Work with partners in engineering, data science, analytics, product and marketing to design innovative features
- Conduct A/B tests and perform other quantitative and qualitative analyses to measure impact
To win in this role, you need:
- Experience launching large scale features across multiple countries
- Analytical chops for breaking down complex problems and solving them with data. Experience either in Product Management, Business Analytics, Management Consulting, Banking or VC. Basic SQL skills are a must.
- The ability to go broad as well as deep: solving for the bigger picture and long term goals whilst rolling up your sleeves to write user stories in jira and debug issues
- Flexibility to efficiently pivot and react to rapidly evolving goals and priorities
- Deep empathy for customer needs, frustrations, and aspirations. Familiarity with designing user experiences and their impact on conversion funnels.
- Compelling written and oral communication skills
Things that will really knock our socks off:
- Demonstrated brilliance in solving hard challenges at another two-sided marketplace - especially an aptitude for managing supply and demand
- Experience using agile development methodologies with globally-distributed teams
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity, including a willingness to take risks
Come change how the world works. At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance. Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.