About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 6 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About the Role
G2 is looking for a stand out Senior Product Manager to join our growing team! You will be in charge of helping define new products and features, having direct involvement and ownership of the product roadmap. You will work with a team of product managers as well as business owners to drive strategy and direction. Additionally, you will work with designers, our data team and engineers to drive the planning and delivery of new features, executing on that roadmap. Your focus will be on owning the roadmap and strategy for delivering data and insights to investors, as well as marketers and consumer insights teams looking for insights about their products and the market.
You would be successful if you describe yourself as:
- A steward of the products and users you look after. Ensuring you take into account the needs of the business that use the product, the end-user of the product, and any / all metrics you can find to drive focus on business results and a solid roadmap. You focus on product market fit and broader alignment in the broader G2 portfolio.
- A data enthusiast, who is excited to bring new products to market that can help customers gain insights through G2 data.
- A combination of a doer and strategist at heart, because a product that doesn’t get to market is not a product.
- A skilled communicator, knowing when to listen and when to speak. As G2 product managers we listen to many audiences to refine and drive features that bring value. Then we communicate that focus and value.
- A passionate driver for the best possible user experience and a track record of making that happen for digital products.
In this role you will:
- Roadmap: Own the roadmap for your product area in partnership with internal and external stakeholders taking into account business goals, data analysis, and a clear understanding of user needs. Invest time evangelizing your roadmap with prospects and customers.
- Product Lifecycle Management: Oversee the product from discovery to release, working closely with designers, our data team, engineers, and business owners.
- Communication: Own and sell the product roadmap, priorities and requirements for your area to multiple internal stakeholders in both written and oral formats. Serve as product expert for feedback, questions, and troubleshooting.
- Product Requirements: Define requirements and scope for new products and features taking into consideration standard project management constraints (time, scope, resources) as well as available technology.
- Market Support: Inspire and lead support for Sales, Marketing, and Research with value propositions, features and benefits, RFI/RFPs, training, tools, and collateral based on detailed competitive analysis.
- Analytics and Testing: Conduct user analysis and market research to make informed product decisions using quantitative and qualitative data to drive informed product decisions.
- Cross functional advocacy: Advocate for and educate internal stakeholders about the unique needs of your customer. Create understanding of how other G2 products’ impact your customer persona, and how we balance and account for those needs in other product changes.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 5+ years working in product with agile methodologies in web or software development; ideally with 1 year of experience with leading a data product or data service.
- Experience in new product development, including experience with product discovery and distilling customer needs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally to deliver results on time and on budget indepently.
- Proven method of keeping up with new requests and maintenance asks, distilling asks to feature sets, and breaking them down to packets of work.
- Clear passion about G2 portfolio and ability to identify possibilities in our industry.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to understand business objectives and stakeholder needs and translate them into solutions.
- Creativity in managing culturally diverse customers, changing requirements and shifting priorities for product development.
- Organized with high attention to detail.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.