Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered here in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
At Chowbus, a Product Manager is effectively the CEO of their area, working with designers, developers and senior management to invent new features and experiences, delight our users and support the business growth. This role is both technical and business facing and the successful candidate should be analytical, creative and comfortable driving vision, writing technical specifications and leading decision-making discussions. For this role of Senior Product Manager -Payments, you will own the payments portfolio and vision to deliver payment services and processes across all sides of our marketplaces.
- Be the end-to-end owner of the payment platform supporting consumer payments and merchant payouts.
- Build and maintain the product roadmap based on business vision, user research, market, competitive analysis, data analysis and in collaboration with product leaders and leaders in finance, accounting, business development, regional sales and central operations.
- Discover innovative opportunities in the payment platform, including internal and external solutions to optimize overall auth rates, reduce chargebacks, and support consumers’ flexible and evolving payment preferences.
- Partner with Legal and Accounting departments to ensure all features adhere to industry guidelines.
- Work with designers, software engineers and data engineers to establish user stories, design and technical specifications for each feature.
- With each launch, drive adoption, measure results, optimize product, present wins, celebrate team.
- Ensure clear communication and coordination across partners.
- Contribute to the long-term Chowbus product roadmap in various product lines.
We are excited if you...
- Have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Finance or Accounting; an MBA or Master’s degree in technology or business related fields would be a plus.
- Have a minimum of 5 years strong product experience with a track record of successfully delivering business impacting projects, including experience focusing on building effective payment and risk control products for enterprise platforms.
- Have a deep technical understanding of third party payment and fraud prevention solutions and general platform integrations.
- Are familiar with compliance and regulatory needs regarding consumer payments and merchant payouts.
- Are proficient in extracting insights from product metrics and making data-driven decisions.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and bias toward action.
- Have a strong empathy and deep understanding in customers’ frame of mind.
- Have demonstrated the capability to translate complex business and product goals into clearly understandable product specifications.
- Can influence peers and senior management through clear thinking and communication.
- Learn by quickly testing out new hypotheses.
- Have a track record of managing multiple projects at the same time in a dynamic environment.
- Have experience in achieving consistent results in an environment with team members in distributed locations.
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.