Senior Product Manager, Restaurant Technology at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here!Job Description
The Global Digital Senior Product Manager for Restaurant Technology will be responsible for the strategy, prioritization, design, development, and market adoption of features and capabilities within our restaurants. Through this role, the Senior Product Manager will represent the crew and global markets by articulating, vetting, and prioritizing features within the product road-map and will play a crucial role in developing best-in-class products. You will work as a member of a highly motivated team responsible for managing the complete product life-cycle to ensure success in terms of both revenue and the timely release of new products and capabilities. You will report to the Director of Product – Restaurant Technology and will collaborate closely with Channel Product Managers, Capabilities Managers, Global Market Teams, Analytics, Marketing, IT, Program Management, and Operations to ensure successful product delivery.
This role will play a key role in the execution of various initiatives for our business.
- Lead the definition of product requirements using input from various sources including external sources such as market trends, technology innovations, industry standards, competitive intelligence, and customer research, as well as internal sources such as analytics, marketing, operations, and customer feedback.
- Thoroughly understand and anticipate crew, customer and business needs in order to develop engaging and profitable experiences.
- Define and drive priorities for engineering sprints and product releases.
- Create and execute optimization experiments to validate and optimize features.
- Create business cases to support feature prioritization.
- Maintain organized oversight of specific digital product delivery schedules to ensure the proper balance of speed, features, timing, and integration with other functions, in tight coordination with Program Management
- Work closely with peer product managers across all channels and capabilities to prioritize initiatives, share insights on customer demands, identify opportunities for collaboration, and coordinate product development and delivery
- Collaborate across functions (e.g. Market stakeholders, Global Technology, and Program Management) to ensure the timely delivery of products and best-in-class digital experiences.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of digital business experience required, preferably in technology or marketing
- 2+ years of Agile Product Management experience, preferably on customer-facing products leading agile development teams.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills; analytics mindset and skills in research and analysis
- Strong technical skills; proven ability to work with and influence engineering team
- Experience translating customer needs into digital product features, business plans, and merchandising opportunities to deliver customer experience improvements that achieve KPI Goals.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; ability to speak to, as well as influence, engineers, project managers, corporate leadership, and partners.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and managing indirect reports to achieve organizational goals
- Experience and expertise in digital project and product planning, including product definition, feature prioritization, trade-off processes, and road-map creation
- Curious, task-oriented, and a self-starter with a strong bias for action; Proven track record of “getting things done”
- Customer-centric mindset with a passion for discovering consumer behavior, trends, and opportunities for innovation
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.