Senior Product Manager
In many ways, the business of Sprout Social is our product. It is what our customers subscribe to and our users engage with to enhance their social media management capabilities. In order to succeed, we need to be relentless about building superior software and solving hard problems on our customers’ behalf. This approach has earned Sprout awards both for our software (G2 Crowd) and our culture (Glassdoor). While we appreciate the recognition, we know we can get so much better.
Our product management team will be growing over time and we are looking to find the best possible team members as opportunities emerge. This could potentially fit within any of our product areas (Analytics, Engagement, Growth, Mobile, Publishing) -- or in something new!
If you want to be on our radar as we have new openings, please share your resume for our team to review. Applicants to this posting will only be contacted by a recruiter if we identify a position where there is a potential fit. Actual title will be based on experience. Although not required, submitting a cover letter is a great way to tell us more about yourself and the opportunity you’re interested in.
Within 1 month you will…
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with your manager to set initial priorities and align on expectations for your role.
- Begin to build relationships with engineers and designers in your feature squad as well as across the broader PM team.
Within 3 months you will…
- Understand the current customer needs, strategy, plans and state of technology in your focus area.
- Gain the trust of your team to lead decision making and alignment.
- Lead day to day squad execution including feature planning, backlog prioritization, user story creation, launch and assessment.
- Drive quarterly roadmap planning for your team to align around approach to solving customer problems and achieving business objectives.
Within 6 months you will…
- Start to influence your tribe and squad’s product strategy.
- Collaborate with other product managers for cross-team problem solving and feature delivery.
- Assume ownership for strong results of your feature releases.
- Understand how to leverage metrics and user data to inform feature iteration and overall planning.
Within 12 months you will...
- Be ready to take on new challenges to help your team and the broader PM organization -- including things we maybe haven’t even anticipated yet!
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is an equal opportunity employer. Anyone seeking employment here is considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, Illinois, or local law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!