Sr. Analyst at Echo Global Logistics
The transportation and logistics industry is in the midst of an exciting transformation. The Sr Analyst within the Strategic Analytics group at Echo is responsible for turning the vast amounts of internal and external data into value for the organization. This includes sales and margin performance, operational efficiencies and optimizations, staff performance and turnover, marketing impact and ROI, and more. This role uses coding and analytic techniques, including text mining, unstructured data parsing, descriptive and predictive modeling, machine learning, database mining and exploration, and R&D into new emerging techniques from academia and the private sector.
- Undergrad or graduate degree in analytics, mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science, or natural sciences such as physics or chemistry.
- Performing sophisticated analysis with unstructured or semi-structured data.
- Experience coding in Python, R, VBA, NoSQL is a plus.
- Able to manipulate complex relational databases using SQL.
- Experience performing text analytics.
- Awareness of advanced techniques and Big Data storage/manipulation/computation solutions, such as AWS Redshift, Google Cloud Big Query, Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB, or other.
- Keen curiosity to pursue unanswered questions and quantify unexplored relationships in the data.
- Data visualization abilities and interpretation of complex outputs into straightforward business recommendations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.