ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Come join the Design System team, within the Platform Web and Analytics Experience organization, and work with a talented group of PMs, developers, designers, and researchers.
We create Web & Analytics Experience capabilities on the Now Platform for developers of all levels and ServiceNow lines of business to quickly build and configure modern applications that unlock meaningful value for their organizations. Our organization’s success is measured in two main ways: First as the underlying set of Platform technologies that power the ServiceNow suite of applications, and second, as a development platform to quickly, simply, and intuitively enable custom applications.
As Senior Principal Inbound Product Manager for the Design Systems team, you will be responsible for the evolution of the design system for our business lines and our customers. This position is more than just managing our component library; it will involve elevating to best-in-class design and UX principles across our products, while ensuring we all live up to accessibility standards. You will be improving our processes, working closely with other teams to increase adoption of the design system, and setting the vision for the next phases for our design system.
This role is extraordinarily collaborative, working with product managers, engineers, designers, researchers, and customers.
What you get to do in this role:
Product Strategy and Planning:
- Drive a strategy and roadmap to simplify how developers consistently employ and optimize shared platform components, capabilities and workflow patterns to deliver the best possible work experience to the users of the applications they develop.
- Collaborate with Customers, Researchers, and Designers on developing and testing innovative product ideas
- Validate and refine product designs/early product offerings through Design Partner Program, Product Advisory Council and with other customers directly
- Stay informed of the latest design systems thinking, engaging with the wider community and bringing valuable findings back to the organization.
- Own product feature-based competitive analysis
- Continually define and groom epic and story product roadmap with 3-4 release horizon
- Engage stakeholders on necessary inputs for product strategy & roadmap, get buy-in, manage communications, expectations and dependencies
Requirements Prioritization and Release Management:
- Gather, prioritize and define requirements (while actively grooming backlog) into executable epics and user stories for engineering
- Establish and maintain relationships with the other BUs to evaluate and manage cross-BU dependencies (both from and to the BU and for features and mandates)
- Create product/feature plans for each release, including acceptance criteria, use cases, success metrics, etc.
- Collaborate with engineering team on release mgmt.: understand status, risks, dependencies and help address risks and resolve issues
- Create base documentation (content and features and delta docs) and enable Outbound PM, Support and Docs team
- Help with press and analyst briefings as needed
- Define key product success metrics and ensure they are instrumented & reviewed
- Understand how customers are using the product, gains & pains, reasons for low usage
Know top 3-5 customers intimately, their specific use cases, gains & painsQualifications
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years of professional experience in Product Management, or commiserate educational experience
- Experience working with and/or developing Design Systems
Customer focus: has deep curiosity about customer needs, as well as a track record in building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
Strategic mindset: able to drive product strategy that achieves strong customer value and business outcomes; able to make trade-off decisions considering what’s desirable, viable and technically feasible
Technically savvy with experience working with developers and designers to craft delightful customer experiences
Strong prioritization skills and the discipline to focus on high impact activities.... to do this, you must be good at saying, 'no' and having folks accept it.... to do this, you must be good at articulating how prioritized initiatives will benefit them
- Top notch written and oral communication skills
- ·Demonstrated experience in gathering, defining and effectively capturing product requirements and transforming them into an actionable product roadmap
Insights development: empathetic around customer problems, able to distill insights into the right product answer and create insightful narrative from customer feedback
Facilitative leadership skills: can use marketing, product, and business knowledge to inform decisions and communicate effectively with/ influence internal and external parties
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills and a proven process of data-validated, hypothesis-driven, experiment-tested decisions
- Has a track record of productive collaboration with engineers, designers, and other product managers and enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
- Passion for design thinking, product management best practices and shaping the future of how enterprises will collaborate
- Experience working with and/or developing Design Systems
- Deep understanding of contemporary software delivery methodologies, like DevOps, and/or developer tools
- Experience working with ServiceNow
- Familiarity with SaaS/PaaS Platforms
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.