Sr Product Manager, Emerging Payments
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big on a daily basis and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold
recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that fosters innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to stay in touch with your team around the globe. With monthly organized events, massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites, our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here…
The McDonalds Product Management Team is looking for a Senior Product Manager, Digital Payment to join our team and drive the product vision, strategy development and execution of the Payment experience. Payment initiatives are key to McDonald’s strategy, strengthening the relationship our customers have with our brand and restaurant experience. Partnering with technical, strategy and brand teams, and the Product Management team builds capabilities to support the growth and development of our restaurants. This individual will lead the effort to assess, innovate and evolve our payments capabilities at a global level.
• Identify problems and quantify the value in solving them
• Determine how said problems can be solved via technology.
• Consult with other Product Managers teams to deliver continuously improve the customer experiences for our restaurant guests
• Evaluate emerging payment and fraud capabilities and solutions
• Partner with technology or business stakeholders to set and track business goals for strategic initiatives
• Significant experience working with new age product processors
• Ability to leverage payment technologies to design frictionless experiences to improve conversion
• Experience with implementing global FOPs
• Write user stories as part of the project framework
• Create business cases outlining projected impact for each initiative to be prioritized on the roadmap
• Lead & participate in cross-functional teams during the lifecycle of product development
• Proactively identify and resolve the inevitable challenges that arise during project execution
• Identify new opportunities and develop business cases for future projects
• Highlight progress through regular updates and product reviews
• Support change management efforts for product solutions and convey key messages to customers and stakeholders
• BS/BA required, MBA a plus
• 6+ years’ experience in product management
• Experience owning the creation or modification of key technology capabilities / product areas
• Passion for existing and emerging payment technologies
• Internet, Retail or eCommerce experience strongly preferred.
• Prior experience in supporting checkout, payments, and omni-channel fulfillment.
• Experience conducting customer interviews and user testing
• Demonstrated technical acumen; ability to influence and debate solutions with technical team members, to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs and to represent technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
• Data-driven mindset and must understand complex logic and process of interconnected data flows throughout business work-stream
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to business leaders of all levels
• Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment with the ability influence key stakeholders across organizations