Sr. Product Manager, States at Clearcover
Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
What is the Senior Product Manager, States?
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to help build a world-class insurance product. We need someone with a practical knowledge of driving concept ideation, roadmap development, and building out comprehensive backlogs and user stories that drive value for the user. You will work directly with product leadership and other functional leaders of the organization to understand user problems, come up with creative UX and product solutions to solve them, and then work with engineering to execute on the roadmap. We are looking for a natural problem solver who puts the user front and center, can work amidst ambiguity, and be willing (and able) to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
This is an excellent opportunity to drive key decisions for the product you will be managing and work at the intersection of growth, technology, underwriting, servicing and customer experiences to build a world-class insurance product. We are a small team trying to do big things. What you oversee will change as our needs change. We promise this is the most fun you’ll have in your career and also the hardest thing you’ll do.
What will you do as our Senior Product Manager?
- You will work with product leadership to drive product expansion, roadmap development, and backlog prioritization.
- You will own KPI development for your product, including monitoring of qualitative and quantitative user feedback to help drive product decisions, improvements, and growth.
- You will partner with other leaders from Growth, Marketing, Underwriting, Product Design and Engineering to identify business opportunities that will improve our product offering.
- You will write user stories and other supporting requirements artifacts that help engineering bring product features to life while prioritizing user goals.
- You will guide your roadmap from requirements definition through design, launch and post-launch measure and iterate over.
- You will use data to support hypotheses and outcomes to drive roadmap priorities.
- You will work with the product leadership team to build and drive a strong product culture that understands the importance of continuous improvement and learning.
What are our must haves for our Senior Product Manager?
- Experience working as a product manager in an agile environment with a focus on B2B and B2C products.
- Insurance experience is needed
- Good experience of writing user stories that drive value for the user.
- Great amount of experience working in the property & casualty insurance space
- You are a great executor. You have a proven track record of successfully leading concept creation, discovery and delivery of a given product and product increment. You value iteration and rapid delivery. You have an obsessive attention to detail even when having to juggle multiple projects at a time.
- You have a proven track record of using data to drive and back-up product decisions.
- You have a proven track record for delivering measurable results with features that you have launched.
- You’re able to communicate effectively, both internally and externally, and can navigate complex relationships to get the job done.
- You have the ability to manage up -- leverage functional leaders and other senior leadership to help achieve goals and deliver on product roadmap.
What are our nice-to-haves?
- Bachelor candidates are preferred, but not necessary.
- Startup experience is preferred, but not necessary.
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.