WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Centro’s Product team is organized into 4 Product Management groups and 3 Product Excellence groups.
THE PRODUCT MANAGEMENT GROUPS ARE:
• Core Applications: This team is responsible for our Core Basis Application, as well as product solutions/customization and creative portals
• Platform Backend: This team leads our transaction-level and event-level systems to power media buying & measurement
• Data & Intelligence: This team builds on Centro’s long history of leveraging business intelligence internally while helping build similar capabilities for our product customers
• Platform Services: This team builds product components & capabilities that are shared across the features of our flagship product, Basis Platform, and all related applications in the Basis ecosystem
THE PRODUCT EXCELLENCE GROUPS ARE:
• Product Experience: Product Experience is responsible for delivering leading user experiences and supporting the required user-outcomes across our solutions and products
• Product Strategy: This team provides critical research on product development work and clarifies the many opportunities available for strategic and market impact
• Data Science: This team provides excellence in Machine Learning capabilities in features across planning, execution, and measurement of campaigns, as well as predictive capabilities in workflow and automation
Customer experience is at the forefront of this team’s work—and also includes market research, cross-departmental stakeholder collaboration, user testing, communicating feature requests to engineers and designers, monitoring the impact of new feature rollouts, measuring returns on product investments, and more. Together, they leverage their diverse industry experience and talent to brainstorm new ideas, iterate on old ones, and create the best possible product for our customers.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
Reporting into the VP, Product, you will help lead the product capabilities released into production for our Data & Intelligence team. This team will cover 3 key applications cover 3 different user types: Execution phase DSP for campaign buyers, a Publisher portal to improve collaboration between publishers and agencies on campaigns, and a BI portal to support advertising leadership teams. These applications will have common initiatives that will connect them with each other and with internal Business Intelligence capabilities, to drive our business growth. You will also contribute by:
- Cultivating a deep understanding of the customer and develop empathy for their challenges, opportunities and motivations
- Passionately serving as an internal and external evangelist for the product
- Building strong business domain knowledge of digital advertising and on how advertising agencies or departments work
- Leading the continual discovery, definition and validation of our products and platforms
- Analyzing the competitive landscape and industry trends to inform product roadmap
- Managing trade-offs in time, capabilities and cost during development to achieve product goals
- Prioritizing and breaking down complex problems into a backlog that drives design and development
- Communicating product roadmaps and benefits to stakeholders
- Collaborating with other Centro teams to coordinate release strategies
- Identifying and analyze metrics that track our success and inform product decisions
- Applying knowledge and experience of agile practices and techniques to help lead cross-functional teams
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Five to ten years’ experience working closely with agile software development teams, with at least three years of professional B2B software product management experience
- Passion for and a proven track record in delivering superior value to users and achieving positive customer outcomes
- Personal responsibility for measuring yourself in terms of the success of your product
- Demonstrable superior communication skills (verbal, interpersonal, and written)
- Strong grasp of how to assess and evaluate product-market opportunities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Enterprise platform/SaaS experience and/or digital advertising industry expertise
OUR TECH STACK
- SQL, Metabase, REST APIs
- Jira, Confluence, Aha!
- Pendo, Salesforce.com
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.