Sr Product Strategist (Remote Optional) at Basis Technologies
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:06 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, November 2, 2021
WHO WE ARE
Basis Technologies delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Basis Technologies is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Basis Technologies is experiencing tremendous growth and is seeking qualified candidates to fulfill the role of a Senior Product Strategist, Video Advertising to help identify, quantify and establish structured data-driven processes to prioritize and pursue various growth opportunities in the AdTech industry, specifically across video channels within traditional linear TV and emerging streaming TV services. Reporting into the VP, Product Strategy, this critical role will join the Product Strategy group and will collaborate with cross -functional teams, including Product Management, Finance, Sales and Customer Success teams.
WAYS YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE:
- Understanding existing customer base and how they currently engage with the product
- Understanding customer workflows, internal organizational structures, roles, and expertise
- Identifying gaps, and areas of growth opportunities
- Assessing product competitiveness and identifying differentiators
- Producing financial modeling of growth opportunities
- Recommending build/buy/partner strategies
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Prior experience in the AdTech industry, specifically across video channels
- Deep understanding of demand-side workflows, including media buys/negotiations, campaign planning, development, execution and pacing and performance management and reporting
- Deep understanding of the competitive landscape and leading vendor solutions, (Mediaocean, TradeDesk, MediaMath, Adobe, Xandr, Verizon Media, etc).
- Domain knowledge of Media & Entertainment industry and Video value chain
- Experienced in TAM/SAM/SOM modeling
- Experienced in competitive landscape analysis
- Experienced in business case development, financial modeling, market forecasting and sizing
- 5+ years in Product Management, and/or Product Strategy, full product lifecycle experience a plus
- BS or BA or related degree strongly desired, MBA a plus
- Strong communication skills, experience in presenting to C-level, senior leadership
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong business acumen
- Proficiency in finance, technology and marketing functions
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH BASIS TECHNOLOGIES
We take care of our people and believe that our success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.