Supervisor, Culinary & Product Development at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here!Job Description
- Provide product development capability for the McDonalds menu, demonstrating proven creativity and innovation that enables the delivery of the Brand & Menu Strategy Team development plan.
- Able to manage all aspects of multiple development projects ensuring accomplishment of objectives and effective communication of project status.
- Influence the food culture at McDonald’s by personifying a “Real Food – Honest Cooking” approach to food and beverage development!
- A track record for crafting memorable food that is fresh, natural and minimally processed.
- Skill in developing prototypes with attributes that meet target product profiles.
- Provide taste development counsel and assistance to the McDonald's system and suppliers.
- Ensure that target products meet McDonald's key screens, including food cost targets, and safety, operational and nutrition standards.
- Initiate the use of new ingredients and potential new suppliers that would enable fast-growing creative thinking in the design and development of new products.
- Establish product specifications to ensure supplier compliance and product quality consistency.
- Provide direction and mentorship to suppliers in the development and presentation of product prototypes that meet McDonald's strategic goals.
- Assist in the Scale-up of new products, identifying requirements to optimally commercialize them.
- Ensure that staff and suppliers understand the culinary development aspects of the business case for new products/concepts.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain, Consumer Insights and Nutrition to align with menu strategic initiatives.
- Assist Restaurant Operations in ensuring that all tools are accurate for the launch of new products/concepts, e.g., equipment, manuals, training materials, etc.
- Partner with Quality Systems and Sensory during the development process and orchestrate the product knowledge transfer following national deployment.
People Skills & Self Development:
- Create a positive environment that is built on collaboration, mutual respect, and diversity of ideas that support high-performing teams.
- Support department conformance with McDonald's people's standards and procedures including the People Promise, valuing growth and contributions, and treating employees with respect.
- Exhibit a proactive, self-starting enthusiasm
- Strong organizational, communication and multitasking skills
- Ability to balance the need for creatively and the practical needs of our system.
- Ability to challenge conventional thinking and work without constraints.
- Lead with integrity, reserve, and trustworthiness.
Minimum Requirements :
- Associates Degree in the Culinary Arts preferred
- Proven Restaurant/Food Service experience required
- Must have a fundamental knowledge of cooking techniques
- Must be proficient in the fundamentals of flavor development
- Must be able to create prototypes from scratch
- Must be able to travel up to 25%
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Proven record of accomplishment for developing wholesome and balanced food.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.