SVP, Head of Institutional Software
The Group: The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our users.
The Role: Morningstar is looking for an experienced product management executive to manage Morningstar’s Research and Portfolio Analytics business. This SVP-level role will manage a global portfolio of software products which serve the needs of professional investors in the Wealth and Asset Management markets.
This role reports to the Head of Global Software Products and is based in our Chicago office.
• Own the product vision and commercial success of Morningstar’s Institutional Software business. We provide Data, Research and Analytics through Morningstar’s branded software, components and APIs to a global audience of Wealth, Asset Managers and individual investors.
• Define and communicate the vision for your products to our customers and the broader market.
• Create commercial roadmaps for each of our institutional software products (Direct, Advisor Workstation, Enterprise Component and the Morningstar Publishing System)
• Align product vision with the business’s mission, strategy and long-term commercial goals
• Work with our regional Product Heads, in EMEA, APAC, AU and India, to define and expand the institutional software business in each of these markets.
• Work closely with our product development group to build world class SaaS software to create a sense of awe for our users.
• Work closely with sales, service and marketing leadership to ensure that your products are sold at the right price, to the right user and serviced in a way which makes sense for the customer using the product(s).
• Provide high-level executive support on specific client engagements and new business opportunities.
• Support the annual budgeting and reforecasting process across all products and regions.
• Track the competitive landscape, macroeconomic trends, and potential M&A opportunities.
• Lead opportunity evaluation, business cases development and financial modeling for organic and inorganic growth opportunities.
• 15+ years of relevant experience with at least 10+ years of experience in product management and/or product marketing for a global software or analytics company.
• MBA with a focus on Strategy and/or International Business.
• Prior responsibility for a portfolio of products serving multiple segments and regions, preferably in the financial services market.
• Experience running a global P&L or a suitably large book of business; preference for P&L ownership of at least $100 million.
• Excellent oral and written communication, planning, and analytical skills.
• Self-motivated to work with international multicultural teams.
• Knowledge and experience with Agile development, and good technical acumen are required.
• Ability to structure, manage, and coordinate multiple complex cross-functional projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels.
• Willingness to collaborate with global teams during off-hours.
• Global awareness and international collaboration, open mindedness, empathy towards other cultures, creativity, social skills and adaptability.
• Multilingual is a plus.