Technical Product Manager at Basis Technologies
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:07 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, September 16, 2021
WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Centro's Product team guides the innovation and development of our comprehensive tech platform, Basis. This team blends focus, collaboration, and creativity to fulfill our mission in creating a transformative tool that makes work more streamlined and fulfilling for those who power the ad tech industry.
Customer experience is at the forefront of this team’s work—and also includes market research, cross-departmental stakeholder collaboration, user testing, communicating feature requests to engineers and designers, monitoring impact of new feature rollouts, measuring returns on product investments, and more. Together, they leverage their diverse industry experience and talent to brainstorm new ideas, iterate on old ones, and create the best possible product for our customers.
WAYS YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE
Centro is looking for an enthusiastic and highly talented individual to join our team working on the Centro Business Intelligence Basis environment and internal Centro Reporting system. As a Technical Product Manager, the successful candidate will be steeped in the world of advertising technology, with a strong connection to Business Intelligence. The role will have a direct impact on growing the business by helping to evolve data capabilities of our Basis digital media automation platform. Applicants for this role should be highly knowledgeable about BI technology. The successful candidate for this position should have a proven background in product management and software development, with a focus on service-oriented architecture and customer success. You will contribute by:
- Excelling in the Technical Product Management practice
- Being a hands-on technical thought leader in the areas of Business Intelligence and software product delivery.
- Working with business analysts and data engineers to develop new product offerings for software product and new capabilities for internal BI environment.
- Helping develop the vision, strategy, and execution for projects that relate to BI and Reporting components of the platform.
- Providing product management expertise using the Agile (Scrum) methodology.
- Providing guidance and leadership to business analysts on product requirements gathering, development, testing, roll-out, support, and sun-setting.
- Becoming an expert resource on the internal monitoring, operational control, and business intelligence systems of the Platform.
- Helping identify and execute on technology evolutions to improve Platform capabilities.
- Being hands-on to improve the definition of product features and internal BI capabilities.
- Designing and collaborating on all facets of BI testing process.
- Communicating road map and features clearly in writing as well as verbally, erring on the side of clarity.
- Working with QA continuously to maintain a high quality of software delivery for Platform.
- Ensuring new features can be managed and configured by the Operations team with necessary flexibility to support feature adoption and success with customers.
- Supporting cross-functional efforts on the continuous and varying scaling needs of the Platform that arise from growth in the business
- Working closely with internal stakeholders, integration partners, and Platform clients, to gather business needs and understand the product landscape
- Working closely with Engineering, Product, Agency, and Operations, to translate high-level business needs into manageable projects.
- Collaborating with stakeholders on product development and lead the conversation in product trade-offs among stakeholders.
- Being clear on task prioritization, logical sequences, and communicating stakeholders.
- Creating monthly product reports, compiling updates/data from all key sources
- Gaining a deep understanding of online advertising economics, and Centro’s business model in particular
- Bringing strong awareness and knowledge of direct competitors to ensure that Centro’s product offerings are leaders in the Ad-tech landscape
- Understanding the business and how each Platform solution contributes to our success
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 5+ years of experience working in technical product management with emphasis on Business Intelligence
- Takes full responsibility and measures themselves in terms of the success of the entire team
- Experience writing detailed product and technical specifications
- Capable of working with engineers about technical design tradeoffs including platforms, frameworks, scalability and performance.
- Experience with entire development cycle or projects, and doing so in a fast-paced workplace
- Knowledge of Pentaho Data Integrations and Business Analytics.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Relational Databases and SQL
- Experience working with data collection/visualization tools such as MicroStrategy, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Experience working with Big Data technologies and workflow, including but not limited to: Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, and Impala.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.