Jellyvision is hiring a Technical Product Manager
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need an experienced Technical Product Manager to help us continue on our journey.
How you’ll help
Our internal tools are a vital part of our operating system. Our customers trust Jellyvision to deliver our products with the highest quality and speed. You’ll help lead the technical product strategy for Builder and other supporting technical products, which is our vital system that allows Brokers and Jellyvision Implementers to configure and customize ALEX seamlessly for customers.
What you’ll do
- Define the strategy and own the roadmap for Builder and its supporting technical products
- Collaborates with users, stakeholders, designers and engineers across the company to define & document what needs to be built next (and why)
- Create requirements and work with cross-functional teams to write user stories, plan, forecast work and define releases
- Analyze product insights through customer conversations, user research and data analysis to inform decision making
- Work with Product Marketing and Revenue teams to build go-to-market plans and materials
- Successfully launch and scale products in-market focused on the Broker and Channel
- Own the technical context to make better decisions and work closely with engineers and designers on solutions
- Prioritize work by gathering requirements across teams, stakeholders to inform roadmap and trade offs that may need to happen across the teams
- Define success metrics for our tools and report out on progress and action plans to stakeholders
- Communicate roadmap and strategy to stakeholders
Experience & skills you’ll need
- 4+ years of product management experience
- Exceptional communication skills, including translating technical approaches into stakeholder and customer communications
- Strong technical background, either from academic, engineering, or hands-on experience alongside a development team
- Knowledge of statistics and experimental design
- Proficiency with database languages such as SQL
- Familiarity with data science principles, building and utilizing APIs, and object-oriented programming
- Strong customer discovery skills, leading to prioritizing requirements based on impact
- Ability to communicate results clearly and a focus on driving impact
- Ability to partner and influence stakeholders and leadership
Not required, but a plus:
- Experience in the healthcare data space, including electronic medical records, insurance claims, or other health data
- Experience with HIPAA, PHI, and PII privacy practices
- Customer focus
- Balances stakeholders
- Communicates effectively
- Decision quality
- Plans and aligns
- Manages complexity
- Tech savvy
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!