Technical Product Manager at Alliant Credit Union
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
You will determine and oversees delivery of the strategy and roadmap for Alliant’s financial core systems to achieve business outcomes and financial objectives. Responsibilities include coordinating with IT, business, and external partners to set priorities, managing new development and operations, and providing direction and oversight to product teams.
The Technical Product Manager, Core Banking partners with the Senior Manager, Core Banking to develop and maintain a strategic roadmap for core platforms. This individual maintains working knowledge of platform functionality and partner product roadmaps, anticipates upcoming changes, and positions the enterprise to best leverage future feature offerings.
The Technical Product Manager, Core Banking balances competing business priorities, strategic core modernization, and Running-The-Business obligations with team delivery capabilities to maximize value creation. General direction is received from the Senior Manager, Software Engineering.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Develop a deep understanding of business goals and processes to inform product priorities and improvement recommendations.
- Develop strong relationships and regularly communicate with product stakeholders and customers to shape the core banking strategy and surface and prioritize needs.
- Lead core banking strategy, planning, and life cycle management efforts.
- Monitor partner technology roadmaps and industry trends to inform product strategy and proactively propose new solutions.
- Establish core banking product roadmaps and release plans to maintain a modern, relevant core that supports Alliant’s long-term strategic needs.
- Contribute to translating business requirements into actionable product and technical requirements.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate core capabilities and proactively champion product improvements.
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager, Core Banking to determine internal and contract/external resources and skills required for the product team to deliver on the product roadmap.
- Guide the software engineering teams to scope, plan and deliver work, applying established Software Development Life Cycle and best practices (e.g., scalability, automation).
- Ensure alignment and adherence to corporate, financial and IT standards (e.g., architecture, compliance, security).
- Increase adoption and consumption of product capabilities.
- Manage investment decision making and finances for the core platforms, taking a return-on-investment approach to increasing the value while minimizing product costs.
- Define, track, and communicate relevant KPIs for the product to measure performance and contribution to business goals and strategy.
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants to this position must either have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered (proof of vaccination is required), or be willing to submit a negative COVID-19 test result in advance of each visit to an Alliant facility.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience, and you have:
- 4+ years of product management, product development or related experience.
- Background in financial services is strongly preferred.
- Relationship building and collaboration skills across diverse and matrixed stakeholders and customers.
- Ability to surface, prioritize, and balance multiple stakeholder priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders verbally and in writing.
- Strong project management skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Experience determining and overseeing software development initiatives and estimating resource requirements.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, including experience leveraging data to inform decision making and independently solving software engineering problems.
- Expertise in strategic thinking and strong business acumen.
- Strong experience in understanding business partner and client needs.
- Demonstrated success in defining and building products.
- Computer proficiency utilizing MS Office Suite.
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off