TECHNICAL PRODUCT MANAGER
We’re here to ensure the advertising industry and the people in it are healthy and engaging positively and effectively with those around them. We’re here, ultimately, to improve the lives of people working in the media industry. And we take our responsibility seriously.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Centro is looking for an enthusiastic and highly talented individual to join our team working on the Centro Business Intelligence Basis environment and internal Centro Reporting system. As a Technical Product Manager, the successful candidate will be steeped in the world of advertising technology, with a strong connection to Business Intelligence. The role will have a direct impact on growing the business by helping to evolve data capabilities of our Basis digital media automation platform. Applicants for this role should be highly knowledgeable about BI technology. The successful candidate for this position should have a proven background in product management and software development, with a focus on service-oriented architecture and customer success.
ABOUT THE TEAM
At Centro, we’ve always been about making people’s lives better—from our employees to our clients. Today, we’re building a unified platform to execute every digital media advertising transaction, thus providing a new level of automation and intelligence in ad tech. This is an enormous task that will disrupt an industry and improve the lives of those who work within it.
To do this, we’re aggressively growing our team of engineers, product developers, and designers. We are imaginative, passionate, determined, and relentless in our efforts. Of course, we are fascinated by the complexity of engineering problems at this scale—it’s what brings bright minds together. But what keeps us coming back (and why we love coming to work every day) is the chance to improve how work gets done: freeing up people’s time so that they can dream bigger and make life better.
Come build something amazing with us.
Excellence in the Technical Product Management practice
- Be a hands-on technical thought leader in the areas of Business Intelligence and software product delivery.
- Work with business analysts and data engineers to develop new product offerings for software product and new capabilities for internal BI environment.
- Help develop the vision, strategy, and execution for projects that relate to BI and Reporting components of the platform.
- Provide product management expertise using the Agile (Scrum) methodology.
- Provide guidance and leadership to business analysts on product requirements gathering, development, testing, roll-out, support, and sun-setting.
- Become expert resource on the internal monitoring, operational control, and business intelligence systems of the Platform.
- Help identify and execute on technology evolutions to improve Platform capabilities.
- Be hands-on to improve the definition of product features and internal BI capabilities.
- Design and collaborate on all facets of BI testing process.
- Communicate road map and features clearly in writing as well as verbally, erring on the side of clarity.
- Work with QA continuously to maintain a high quality of software delivery for Platform.
- Ensure new features can be managed and configured by the Operations team with necessary flexibility to support feature adoption and success with customers.
- Support cross-functional efforts on the continuous and varying scaling needs of the Platform that arise from growth in the business
Working with Stakeholders
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, integration partners, and Platform clients, to gather business needs and understand the product landscape
- Work closely with Engineering, Product, Agency, and Operations, to translate high-level business needs into manageable projects.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on product development and lead the conversation in product trade-offs among stakeholders.
- Be clear on task prioritization, logical sequences, and communicating stakeholders.
- Create monthly product reports, compiling updates/data from all key sources
Know the Business
- Gain a deep understanding of online advertising economics, and Centro’s business model in particular
- Strong awareness and knowledge of direct competitors to ensure that Centro’s product offerings are leaders in the Ad-tech landscape
- Understand the business and how each Platform solution contributes to our success
- 5+ years of experience working in technical product management with emphasis on Business Intelligence
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Preference for Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Takes full responsibility and measures themselves in terms of the success of the entire team
- Experience writing detailed product and technical specifications
- Capable of working with engineers about technical design tradeoffs including platforms, frameworks, scalability and performance.
- Experience with entire development cycle or projects, and doing so in a fast-paced workplace
- Knowledge of Pentaho Data Integrations and Business Analytics.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Relational Databases and SQL
- Experience working with data collection/visualization tools such as MicroStrategy, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Nice to have: Experience working with Big Data technologies and workflow, including but not limited to: Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, and Impala
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and support an inclusive workplace diverse in thought, perspective and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age. We are better together.