At Amount we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
If you’re ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment, come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors. With your help, we will continue to reinvent banking by helping our Amount platform partners innovate and digitize their banking products and services!
Learn more about our recent Series D Funding that happened in May! https://techcrunch.com/2021/05/17/amount-raises-99m-at-a-1b-valuation-to-help-banks-better-compete-with-fintechs/.
Amount is seeking to hire a game-changing and hands-on technology leader who will manage a talented team through an extreme growth phase. Reporting to the CTO, this leader will be responsible for building a team to help Amount achieve its growth goals. Core responsibilities include but are not limited to managing and mentoring a team of engineering professionals focused on scaling and driving innovation around product engineering performance and innovative new features supporting our existing and new business models.
Our compelling business model has created a new market in the digital financial services space and requires a leader who can both build an organization and maintain a highly performing SaaS platform. A successful VP at Amount will be passionate both about front-end feature development and performance as well as backend services, data and customer service systems that will enable Amount to deliver an A+ customer experience. In addition, the leader must build a team that can release new capabilities for Amount quickly and convert Amount into a platform that can expand into areas that we may not be in today.
- Lead all aspects of the engineering team across multiple product groups.
- Introduce best practices and process around software development, quality assurance, release automation and engineering skills development
- Partner with the Product and Design leadership to provide product vision and direction as well as technical vision and direction to ensure alignment with the strategy of the company
- Bring vision, energy, passion, commitment and high quality of management
- Collaborate with all members of the executive team to translate the business priorities of the company into a technical agenda and be an excellent communicator between the business and the tech team
- Minimum of 10-15 years of progressive technology leadership experience with a collaborative management style and significant executive presence
- Previous experience as either a VPE or Sr. Director of Engineering
- Proven leadership and technology general management experience with both a product focused team as well as an executive team, and have previously built robust, scalable platforms that allow for a team to rapidly innovate
- Experience leading the technology related strategic decisions, definition and implementation of software product development based upon the ability to identify, anticipate and exploit emerging technology trends in pursuit of the Company’s overall goals and vision
- Experience deploying SaaS applications and managing the operations of such systems with an emphasis on client service and client satisfaction
- Experience operating a mission-critical technology environment while maintaining a culture of innovation, entrepreneurship and productivity
- Fluent in hands-on management of agile, iterative development spanning specification, prototyping, architecture, QA, operations and support
- Fluent in determining KPIs that allows agile teams to iterate to meet measurable goals
- Track record of high quality, innovative products that delight users and achieve business results, passionate for high impact user experiences
- Strong, visionary leader and strategic business partner with a passion for technology and customer service
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Strong people management skills with proven success in motivating, mentoring and creating an environment where the best talent wants to be
- Undergraduate degree in STEM field (Computer Science, Engineering or the like)
- Graduate Business Degree highly desirable (MBA or equivalent)
- Passionate, organized, smart, engaging, driven and technically savvy
- Ability to establish mutual respect and a collaborative working relationship with their peers and team
- Ability to set a very high bar and stretch goals, clearly communicate those goals and then infuse and inspire the team with a sense of purpose and urgency in attainment of those goals
- Flexible, able to adjust and change direction as the business environment and technology universe evolves and changes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all kinds of people at all levels inside and outside the organization
- Ability to work through conflict, gain trust and persuasively influence outcomes
- Ability to address tactical issues in the short-term while maintaining strategic vision for the long-term
Amount delivers the technology that financial institutions need to build and enhance the digital experience.
Built by digital lending industry veterans, Amount helps partners go digital in months—not years. Amount empowers multi-product omnichannel retail banking experiences and a robust point-of-sale financing suite underpinned by core platform features including fraud prevention, verification, decisioning engines and account management.
Amount partners can optimize performance across product categories by tapping into various service offerings including customer acquisition, funnel and performance assessments, and risk analytics.
Optimistic: We believe technology has the power to improve the financial lives of everyone.
Teamwork: We make the best technology work for our clients by working together.
Risk Aware: We understand the impacts of each and every decision we make in our high risk industry.
Integrity: We work honestly and undivided in our commitment to make more possible.
Eager: We are self-starters, fully engaged and committed to pushing great ideas forward quickly and responsibly.
Respectful: We honor diversity, value inclusion, and create an environment of belonging for people of all backgrounds.
Committed: We are dedicated to the highest standard for our partners, their customers, and our people.
Curious: We seek to understand the core of each problem, enabling us to find the right solution.
Benefits and Perks:
Enjoy each other's company over happy hours, yoga and meditation sessions, lunch and learns, team demo days, game nights, and more!
Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
Save $$ on taxes by using our commuter and transit benefits! We also have a bike storage room available onsite.
Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k), parental leave, HSA match, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Interested in having a stake in Amount? We offer a meaningful equity program.
Have a pet? Then, we're paws-itively certain you're going to love our My Pet Protection plans.
Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too!