Production Line Worker
Hours: Start time is 9 am and weekends are required
Location: 5370 S. Cicero Ave., Chicago, IL
Pay: $13.50/hour, Full benefits (see below)
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Farmer’s Fridge started with an idea in Chicago: make fresh, healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Our handcrafted meals are delivered daily to over 240 smart fridges and can be conveniently purchased with a credit card or using our app. This is only possible because of our team of people: techies, logistical geniuses, folks who lovingly curate the food among many others.
Our people are friendly and are gifted with grit and passion. That’s exemplified in our work environment where things are always shifting. Forget open-door policies; we have an open layout where you can hear and see everything that’s going on.
And just like our open layout, we value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on those characteristics, our business’ needs, and your qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind — in the hiring process or in the workplace.
Check out our BuiltIn Chicago page to see what it’s like to work here: https://www.builtinchicago.org/company/farmers-fridge
About this Job:
Do you love preparing healthy and delicious meals? Farmer’s Fridge is looking to hire enthusiastic, hard-working team members to join our team at our production facility near Midway.
You will prepare and pack fresh meals and snacks that are delivered to our Fridges for customers to purchase. You can work with a fun and passionate group, gain valuable experience with room to move up, and help bring healthy, delicious food to our customers.
To learn more about the role, watch this video: https://vimeo.com/274747969
A flexible schedule is key with this role and Saturdays and Sunday are included as work days. Most days these shifts will be around 8 hours, but an end time isn't guaranteed and on occasion there is the chance for overtime.
- Prepare (wash, chop, sort) raw ingredients, such as produce.
- Follow recipes to create menu items such as snacks and dressings.
- Portion ingredients into jars and packages according to our recipes.
- Pack the items to prepare them for delivery.
- Help keep the production facility clean and organized.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. with a valid Social Security number and pass a background check.
- Able to stand and work for long periods of time (8+ hour shifts) in a cold environment (around 40 degrees) and lift at least 40 lbs.
- Able to stay organized and be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with a positive attitude and plenty of hustle!
- Basic knowledge of technology including smartphones, iPads, and laptop computers, a plus!
- Knowledge of basic kitchen etiquette (hand washing techniques, food safety, knife skills) a plus!
- Food Handler Certification required within your first week (a plus if you already have it)!
- Full benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Generous vacation & holiday policy.
- Up to 10 days of federal holidays paid per calendar year
- Career growth opportunities.
- Family events -- From company sponsored BBQs to social gatherings, we always make time to meet our team member’s family members and friends.
- Sports Leagues -- Another way our employees fuel teamwork and collaboration: with a healthy dose of competition.
- Take home extra meals when available (typically daily!)
*Benefits apply to full time employees only.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below:
You will receive an auto-reply confirming that we've received your application. Thanks for your interest in Farmer’s Fridge!